At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a manager within our network contracting team, you'll guide the development and support of Provider Networks as well as unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis, and reporting. As you do, you'll discover the impact you want and the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting and associated financial models
- Guide development of geographically competitive, broad access, stable networks that achieve objectives for unit cost performance and trend management
- Evaluate and negotiate contracts in compliance with company templates, reimbursement structure standards and other key process controls
- Ensure that network composition includes an appropriate distribution of provider specialties
- Provide explanations and information to others on difficult issues
- Coach, provide feedback and guide others
Get ready for some significant challenge. This is an intense, fast-paced environment that can be demanding. In addition there are some data challenges and unique problems that need to be solved related to gaps in the process.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years of experience in a network management-related role, such as contracting or provider services
- 3+ years of experience in fee schedule development using actuarial models
- 3+ years of experience using financial models and analysis to negotiate rates with providers
- 3+ years of experience in performing network adequacy analysis
- In-depth knowledge of Medicare Resource Based Relative Value System (RBRVS)
- Intermediate level of knowledge of claims processing systems and guidelines
Creating and fine tuning provider networks helps improve access to health care for millions. It's an outstanding opportunity to have more meaning and purpose in your career.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Work with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving millions of people as we transform health care with bold ideas. Bring your energy for driving change for the better. Help us improve health access and outcomes for everyone, as we work to advance health equity, connecting people with the care they need to feel their best. As an industry leader, our commitment to improving lives is second to none.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.