How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Lab Support Service Specialist performs technical and non-technical duties within the Laboratory service areas on the hospital campus. Duties included, but not limited to:
- HIS/LIS data entry, troubleshooting and laboratory technical support functions
- Customer Service for all patients and health care providers.
- Specimen receipt and processing including preparing specimens for transport to reference labs, microbiology processing, loading samples on lab automation and preparing samples for the technical staff.
- Phlebotomy procedures including all types of specimen collection techniques.
- Assist in multiple areas as workload and staffing changes.
Required Minimum Education
- High School Graduate or possess a General Educational Development (GED) Diploma from an accredited program.
Required Minimum Experience
- Experience in either phlebotomy or specimen processing in an outpatient or hospital laboratory environment required. Phlebotomy training in a school program which occurs in a hospital setting is also acceptable.
Required Minimum Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication, customer service, multi-tasking and organizational skills, professionalism, detail and team-oriented, data entry, typing 40 wpm and working computer knowledge.