ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton is a faith inspired non-profit organization, mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about services to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, IT, Finance, Marketing, and Nursing. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs. Catholic Charities is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at : www.catholiccharitiestrenton.org.
About Program: PACT (Program of Assertive Community Treatment) provides comprehensive, integrated rehabilitation, treatment and support services to individuals with serious mental illness, who have had repeated hospitalizations, and who are at risk for psychiatric hospitalization. PACT services include psychiatric evaluation; individual and group counseling; medication monitoring and management; crisis assessment and intervention; vocational counseling; substance abuse counseling; community advocacy; life skill development; recreational and social activities; and family and social support.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for providing nursing services to consumers.
- Conduct medical and/or mental health assessments and evaluations.
- Administer and monitor medications.
- Coordinate medical care and follow-up.
- Conduct home visits, sick visits and first-aid.
- Maintain consumer medical records.
- Provide medication education/nutritional counseling for consumers, families and staff.
- Consult with other program staff regarding consumer health issues and medication.
- Serve as liaison and advocate to community service providers for on-going, emergency and other forms of medical, mental health, crisis care, etc. for consumers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Licensed registered nurse + one year of experience.
PACT Qualification: one or more years experience in the delivery of community based psychiatric services to consumers with serious mental illness. Valid drivers license and the ability to travel independently to a consumer’s residence, work site and/or hospital setting. The ability to be on-call and provide emergency response as needed and/or directed. BSN preferred. Bi-lingual capacity desired.