To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
- Govind Sharma
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Lead Software Engineer - Front End (Web)
ECS Federal, LLC • Washington, DC
Posted 5 days ago
ECS Federal, LLC (ECS) is seeking a Lead Software Engineer - Front End (Web) to work in our Washington DC office.
This is a fantastic opportunity for any talented candidate who are seeking a unique lead developer opportunity that we don't often find in Federal contracting. First, this is an opportunity to truly lead an Agile software development effort. We are seeking candidates who can excel in a lead role - influencing and leading technical strategy, setting technical design and delivery standards, guiding and mentoring technical staff, and developing high quality technical solutions. Second, this is the opportunity to work on the highest priority application development effort for an agency. The application is called the GAO New Blue and it isn't some obscure, back office application. New Blue will be GAO's only enterprise application and it will be used by or impact virtually everyone across GAO. Because of this project's high stature, you will have the opportunity to work with the most senior agency staff. For example, the CIO attends every Sprint Review! Finally, this is a great team. The team is truly integrated with customer and consultant working side-by-side in a supportive, open and collaborative way. If you are ready for a challenge, join us and expand your career horizons.
The responsibilities of the Lead Java Developer include, but are not limited to:
- Participate/Lead all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, architecture, design, development, testing, deployment, and operations support.
- Communicate architectural vision, decisions, designs, risks, problems, and technical details to client stakeholders and team members.
- Lead a team of developers in the construction and deployment of incremental, high-quality, high-value releases.
- Set and communicate design and coding standards.
- Conduct design and code reviews.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including CIO, New Blue PMO, business analysts, developers, testers, trainers, and PM Team.
- Support continuous innovation by implementing the best practices to improve technology tools and processes to increase team efficiency and technical execution.
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder, and must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills to solve complex software problems.
- Knowledge of Automated Testing Frameworks and tools.
- Experience in plugin architecture.
- Experience with XML usage in Java applications preferred.
ECS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS also maintains a drug-free workplace.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.