To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minneapolis, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Associate Director, Business Intelligence - Multiple Locations
UnitedHealth Group • Minneapolis, MN
Posted 9 days ago
- Manage and execute all phases of Healthcare Economics projects: problem definition, data retrieval, data quality, architect, model building, discovery, advanced statistical analysis, presentation, education, visualization, and implementation
- Use SAS and advanced statistical techniques to discover insight, to identify value-creating opportunities, to create data-driven clinical, provider network, and product decision making tools, to define risk cohort groups and care interventions, to better understand patterns and risk, and to perform financial due-diligence
- Generally, the work is project-oriented, self-directed, less structured, and complex
- Work independently and collaboratively with internal customers to deliver technical solutions that add business value and yield actionable recommendations
- Candidate will be the lead SAS developer on the team and will provide SAS expertise across all team members
- Provide analytical, statistical, programming, data management, visualization, and quality control support for a wide variety of projects
- Independently design and code SAS programs to extract, aggregate, and analyze data from various sources
- Drive communications with all key stakeholders
- Improve and extend the analytic methods and capabilities of our current solutions, algorithms, and business processes
- May supervise the work of subordinate SAS programmers/analysts
Individuals in this role must also demonstrate the following abilities:
- Expert ability to breakdown and clearly define problems, and then produce innovative and value-creating solutions that improve decision-making
- Superior client-facing skills: communication, negotiation, interpersonal, and the ability to synthesize complex numerical insights in a straight-forward and enlightening way
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and have influence across organizational boundaries
- Able to independently manage multiple tasks with critical deadlines
- Self-starting, curious, passionate, innovative, confident, strategic, flexible, team-oriented
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
The challenges here are significant. You’ll be part of an intensely driven and focused team that is accountable for constantly improving business results. You’ll be a trusted subject matter expert who’s called on to incorporate programming and advanced statistical expertise into novel, cutting edge business solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, biostatistics, economics, computer science, mathematics, or similar quantitative field of study
- 8+ years of SAS programming experience demonstrating an advanced/expert level of proficiency
- 8+ years of hands-on computational problem solving experience in a healthcare environment including, at a minimum, extracting data from large relational databases, understanding medical codes, and working with structured, unstructured, claims, enrollment, and provider data
- Master’s Degree
5+ years of hands-on experience developing solutions using advanced statistical and visualization techniques (clustering, CARTs, simulation, machine learning, deep learning, text mining, NLP, etc)
- Associate or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries designation
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: SAS, programming, remote, work from home, healthcare economics, SAS developer, analysis, strategy, statistics, ASA, FSA, Phython, Java, R, Scala, mathematics, telecommute, telecommuter, Green Bay, WI, Wisconsin, Minneapolis, MN, Minnesota, Denver, CO, Colorado, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona, Philadelphia, PA, Pennsylvania, Dallas, TX, Texas, Los Angeles, CA, California