Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem's market position is among the top three producers in the United States in 2020 for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Maintenance Coordinator within our La Porte VCM Plant located in La Porte, TX
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and or transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Provide attention to detail, and dedication to work in order to ensure reliability of the work site as well as high quality product.
- Ensure that yourself and others are respected, supported and encouraged to grow and succeed in their job.
- Assist with Relief Device Program including work order closures, PM Plan corrections, file PSV Shop repair reports, create and maintain the RV Inspection Record database.
- Maintain SAP Functional Location hierarchy by making updates per MOC’s.
- Create, modify, and eliminate SAP PM (Preventative Maintenance) Plans.
- Run and publish the monthly Reliability Based Maintenance (RBM) report.
- Lead discussion during Daily Maintenance Schedule meetings reviewing Inspections, C & D-ranked Inspection work orders, and PM’s overdue and coming due.
- Create and improve SAP Bill of Materials listing spare parts associated with plant equipment.
- Track Outside Service PO’s including working with vendors to obtain final billing amounts and invoices as well as Oxy AP to post invoices.
- Work with material suppliers to ensure delivery when expected relative to quotes and spending outlooks.
- Provide SAP support for work order closure including tracking down necessary work order documentation, preventative maintenance plan creation and updates, generating reports for material receipts/Open PO’s/labor/etc. Order office supplies for all warehouse locations using the company-issued Procurement Card. Maintain a sufficient inventory of office supplies to meet the needs of Stores department employees.
- Provide support and knowledge on resident contactor contracts including labor rates, holidays, pass through costs, etc.
- Support outages by tracking material and labor costs.
- Ensure Oxy craftman new hire training and requalification are completed on time and maintain documentation.
- Track and communicate Maintenance Metrics based on Maintenance Excellence Team and Maintenance Superintendent recommendations.
- Support the Process Safety and Risk Management goals and objectives. Participate in site-wide Process Safety and Risk Reduction activities as requested. Look for opportunities to be the ‘fresh set of eyes’ in this area.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED is required. A two year college degree a plus.
- High degree of competency is required in computer, communicative, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Must possess level-headed decision-making capabilities, proficient in computer and communication skills, good organizational skills and working knowledge of Excel, Word, and SAP systems.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs., climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment, including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Subject to applicable law, Occidental requires all U.S. based new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status
- Attention To Detail
- Confident And Emotionally Stable