1Position Specific Information
Part Time, approx 20 hours per weekMWF 8a-4:30pDescription
Fulfill the goals of our organization as well as the needs of our patients. Apply your skills to achieve results of a truly rewarding nature. Allow others to live more satisfying lives—and your career to thrive.Connect with your goals and change liveswith Fresenius Medical Care North America.
As the global leader in dialysis healthcare, we offer exceptional opportunities to contribute to the success of a powerful organization—and to positive medical outcomes. Our patients, their families, and our team members are connected in ways that bring a deeper sort of satisfaction. Help us to improve our performance, and more important, the quality of life.Why Join the Fresenius Team?
Passion. Dedication. Knowledge. Motivation. Experience. These are the impressive qualities you’ll find in the Fresenius Leadership Team. Our strength in the North American market and extensive global network provide our employees with the best of both worlds—the friendliness of a local organization and the stability of a worldwide organization—for diverse experiences and challenging career opportunities. When you join the Fresenius Medical Care team, you’ll be welcomed into a company that is built on the philosophy that our employees are our most important asset. Our career advantages include the following:
- Fresenius Medical Care is the nation’s largest provider of renal care, meeting the needs of more than 135,000 patients at 1,800 clinics throughout the country.
- Our well-established, trusted organization fosters a spirit of camaraderie, emphasizing friendly collaboration, professional support, and career development.
- Superior training, UltraCare® quality control, and certification procedures ensure your potential to succeed and advance as a professional.
- Competitive compensation and exceptional benefits.
- Outstanding tuition reimbursement program.
- Recognized among Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” in 2011.
- National Safety Award from CNA insurance companies for 11 consecutive years.
- Opportunities to give back by participating in philanthropy and community outreach programs.
Here is an outstanding opportunity to contribute to the success of a leading healthcare organization. The professional we select will handle general office and secretarial duties for our Regional AR Manager, as well as billing groups. This individual will perform secretarial duties, such as typing correspondence and reports; completing forms; answering and directing phone calls; sorting/distributing mail; making copies; preparing reports;maintaining files and personnel records; and arranging meetings, travel, and conferences.PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
Provide general administrative support to the Area Manager by performing various secretarial and clerical duties utilizing knowledge of Dialysis terminology and FMCNA procedures.DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:CUSTOMER SERVICE:
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture though values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Utilize the PC and related software programs to accomplish assignments such as: the taking and transcribing of dictation, the completion of various forms and compiling of reports as required by governmental agencies and the Corporate Office.
- Coordinate and maintain personnel records. Monitor attendance and PTO records; maintain Leaves of Absence and FMLA files. Initiate forms required for salary actions and other personnel HRIS record changes; coordinate and perform payroll preparation function; maintain payroll records.
- Prepare various reports, which may include but are not limited to, monthly insurance reports to Corporate Office, annual employee data sheet, and monthly listing of employees by position.
- Complete and file Worker’s Compensation reports.
- Set up and maintain filing systems including census records of patients and employees.
- Update manuals as necessary.
- Screen and direct the Clinic Management Team’s (and other) telephone calls; make travel arrangements for the Clinic Management Team; arrange conferences and meetings.
- Take minutes for the Governing Body and Medical Staff meetings; compile CQI data.
- Perform secretarial/receptionist functions as needed. These functions may include, but are not limited to greeting and directing patients and visitors to the appropriate location; sorting mail; photocopying, faxing and filing; preparing purchase orders using appropriate software; and maintaining inventory of office forms and supplies.
- Assist with accounts receivable and accounts payable functions where necessary.
- Support staff in assigned project work.
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to regional, Business Unit and Corporate meetings may be required. The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials. EDUCATION:
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Secretarial or Business school preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year in administrative secretarial work.
- Proficient in the use of computers and related software such as Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
- Familiar with business and technical vocabulary.
- Knowledge of organizational operations and procedures.
- Ability to employ basic reasoning skills.
- Good communication skills – verbal and written.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Setting Up Files
Electronic Medical Record