To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
16440 Kilbourn Avenue
Oak Forest, IL 60452
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc • Oak Forest, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. is one of the largest distributors of residential and non-residential roofing and complementary building products in North America. Beacon currently has 560 locations in 50 US states and 6 Canadian provinces and more than 8,000 employees. We are known throughout the building supply industry for having quality people, quality service and quality building products.
Beacon Roofing Supply is publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock market under the symbol BECN. In June of 2006, Beacon Roofing Supply was named to the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
We are currently seeking an Operations Manager for Beacon Roofing Supply responsible for the efficient operation of the warehouse operations of a branch. Trains, manages and develops the warehouse team including but not limited to CDL drivers, delivery helpers, warehouse workers and dispatchers. This position will report directly to the Branch Manager.
The Responsibilities Include:
- Devises and implements effective procedures for daily warehouse operations consistent with Company guidelines.
- Works closely with management to recognize and develop or correct operational problems and or issues.
- Directs and maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing the company's policies and procedures.
- Directs all incoming and outgoing material shipments and ensures that materials in the warehouse/yard are organized and maintained in an effective manner.
- Ensures inventory levels are adequate to meet customer needs; suggests inventory changes as appropriate and ensures accurate inventory control and record keeping.
- Manages movement and transfers of materials; spot checks inventory on a regular basis.
- Organizes and maintains the warehouse, yard and store layout for maximum efficiency and safe operations.
- Works closely with the Regional Safety Manager to ensure that safe operational procedures are followed and the appropriate reporting is filed with a minimum of lag time.
- Directly responsible for the supervision, management, training and development of the warehouse team.
- Monitors employee performance, completes evaluations as required and makes appropriate recommendations for changes as required.
- Handles disciplinary actions as needed and follows all Company policies and procedures in providing adequate documentation of all such actions.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Ability to identify and assess talent. Must have the ability to mentor, coach and develop others.
- Bachelor's degree, or five years of related experience; or an equivalent level/combination of education and/or experience.
- Excellent judgment, conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Motivational leadership skills should include the ability to energize others to excel and gain commitment to the vision and strategies of the company.
- Maintains a positive and enthusiastic environment, even in adverse situations.
- Ability to manage and lead people through change.
- Demonstrated ability to perform and adapt in a changing environment as necessary.
- Ability to maintain excellent public relations with external and internal customers.
- Must be able to work extended hours to meet store goals.
Qualifications – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Skills – Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
An Equal Opportunity Employer