To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Santa Monica, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manager of Technical Accounting & SEC Reporting
Proven Recruiting • Santa Monica, CA
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Come join a Public, Technology-Entertainment Company in LA as their next Manager of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting! The role is essential in making sure the company has complied with all accounting requirements to support business models. The company has a global presence and continuously expanding making it an exciting time to join. If you have killer technical accounting skills and want the next step up in your career, apply and let’s talk!
What you’ll do:
- Perform technical research and consult with management to ensure proper accounting treatment for all transactions, including unusual and non-recurring transactions, in accordance with US GAAP and SEC guidance, and the implementation of new accounting pronouncements
- Consider implications of new accounting pronouncements on our current policy and standards
- Communicate the impacts from any change in accounting requirements, and provide necessary training
- Work closely with other functional accounting groups to address day-to-day business activities and associated accounting implications, and participate in ad hoc projects requiring specialized accounting and analysis
- Lead & prepare quarterly SEC filings and any other filing requirements
- Analyze quarterly business results and liaison with business units to draft MD&A in quarterly SEC filings and internal communications, as well as provide support to our investor relations group for quarterly earnings releases and ad hoc external reporting needs
- Collaborate with treasury and legal departments to prepare quarterly debt compliance analysis and present to various stakeholders, including the Company’s CFO
- Lead the Company’s goodwill and intangible assets impairment analysis and its evaluation of reporting units/business segments, and present results to the Company’s CAO
- Establish, develop and maintain the Company’s Accounting Policy
- Manage quarterly subsidiary and BU financial reporting package and disclosure reporting process
- Collaborate with the Company’s external auditors on technical accounting topics, new accounting pronouncements, and its applications
- Manage and develop SEC team
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Econ, Finance, or related
- 5+ years of technical accounting experience
- CPA required
- Big 4 experience highly preferred
- Strong US GAAP and SEC reporting skills required
- Stock-based compensation, earnings per share calculations, and derivatives experience
Please send your resume to email@example.com or reach me at 310-933-4736 if you’re curious to know more!