To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Martinsburg, WV
- ASM Research
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Cyber Sensor Monitoring
ASM Research • Martinsburg, WV
Posted 2 months ago
The successful candidate must be well-versed in security operations, cyber security tools, and Open Source information gathering from public and private sources. The candidate will provide operational support analysis in regards to system monitoring alerts.
This position is 3rd shift (7pm-11am)
* Supports the monitoring of security procedures and methods to ensure the safety of information systems and to protect the system from intentional (unauthorized) or accidental (inadvertent) access or destruction.
* Works with Incident Response, Cyber Threat Intelligence, network administration, and corporate security teams, to actively identify, and analyze risks and develop plans that drive security improvements for the project/program.
* Serves as a liaison between development teams and stakeholders to understand and formulate security requirements for project/program.
* Explains and demonstrates alerts and vulnerabilities and provide recommendations if alert is an incident or not.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience.
2-4 years of experience in systems security.
Other Job Specific Skills
* Gather, extract, and understand open source intelligence (OSINT) on threat actors targeting the VA, health care industry, government agencies in general, as well as public sector
* Work with partners to develop dashboards and new alerts based on OSINT.
* Provide proactive event monitoring/event management/configuration of the following security tools for targeted threats and malicious activity including but not limited to: Splunk, Palo Alto Networks, McAfee EPO, Cisco Ironport, Netscout, Sourcefire Defense Center, Bigfix, and IBM Cognos
* Determine if an event meets the criteria for additional cyber hunt investigation and/or constitutes a security incident subject to investigation and notify team lead or designate within 15 minutes
* Review audit logs and identify any unusual or suspect behavior
* Support the incident response process
* Provide all VA cyber task areas with actionable intelligence from the system monitoring applications and reports.