To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Davenport, IA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Supervisor S&C Construction - Davenport, IA
CP • Davenport, IA
Posted 1 day ago
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Provides guidance and managerial leadership of employees in the installation and restoration of Signal & Communication equipment for TP&E projects; in accordance with Signal & Communication Standards and Regulatory requirements;
Maintains a schedule with TP&E Managers and working within the scope of the projects and not exceeding the budget of installations;
Leadership accountability for inputs and outputs of safety, service, productivity and financial metrics.
- Directs safety leadership and fosters continuous improvement in workplace safety;
- Monitors performance of the S&C Construction crews and initiates corrective action where appropriate;
- Implements and monitors compliance of policies, processes and procedures for continuous improvement in productivity and efficiency for effective construction delivery;
- Identifies and recommends innovative work methods, new processes and best practices;
- Accountable planning and execution of supporting S&C Construction Crews with sufficient S&C Qualified manpower to support projects;
- Manage the work performed and within budgetary guidelines;
- Coach/mentor direct reports to improve their effectiveness, assess personal effectiveness and provide development opportunities;
- Provide input to modify the integrated plan according to adjustments in demand and schedule;
- Fully utilize the collective agreement for effective work management;
- Assures high-quality installation of Signals & Communications equipment and systems, which in-turn provide for the safe, efficient and proper functioning of railroad operations;
- Participate as directed in electrical and mechanical testing of S&C equipment, regulatory testing requirements and in service commissioning of new or revised installations;
- Conduct Proficiency / Efficiency tests in safety compliance tracking program CAMS;
- Support Construction Managers in project material logistics and charge out in SAP.
Minimum High School diploma and Electronics Diploma an asset;
Minimum 3 years railway or other equivalent experience;
Working knowledge of S&C Principles;
Working knowledge on S&C equipment;
Knowledge and comprehension of collective agreements;
Knowledgeable on S&C Standards and Regulatory requirements;
Demonstrated ability in Planning, Prioritizing and Execution to the plan;
Good computer skills (word, excel, power point, and SAP);
Good problem solving and analytical skills;
Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written;
Leadership and strong interpersonal skills;
Overnight travel occasionally and available for emergency response;
Ability to drill down, understand root cause and resolve complex issues.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Completive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is considered a safety sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, drug screening and pre-employment physical.
Drug Test Elements:
All new hires are required to undergo a drug screen. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping CP safe and drug free.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
Criminal history check
Last 3 years of driving history
Last 7 years of employment history; includes military service
- Social Security number verification
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.