Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Location: Armonk, NY
Are you passionate about helping clients solve complex challenges and supporting them through critical transformations? At IBM, transformation is in our DNA, and there has never been a better time to be part of the change. This is a highly visible internal strategy consulting position in support of IBM's enterprise transformation program. As a Designer within our Strategic Enterprise Transformation (SET) group, you'll have the unique opportunity to be a part of delivering on the next era for IBM.
The continued success of the IBM's transformation is a direct reflection of the curiosity, collaboration, and drive of the people who make up our cross-disciplinary Strategic Enterprise Transformation (SET) team-IBM's premier internal consulting practice. We are a collective of high performing strategists, change agents, designers, and digital transformation consultants. Our team icon is the Astronaut because we tackle the biggest and most complex challenges at IBM.
As a Designer on the SET team you will work directly with senior executive stakeholders to drive large-scale change that spans business units, functions, and geographies, while championing a user-centric mindset and design principles. The ideal candidate for this role is comfortable leading large multi-disciplinary groups, asking (and answering) difficult questions, telling stories, and most importantly, passionate about expanding her or his creative skill set to practice in developing and conceptualizing the creation of world-class original designs.
As a part of the SET team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of creating and delivering on the next era for IBM.
As a Designer in the Strategic Enterprise Transformation group, you will:
* Bring a unique point of view, curiosity, and enthusiasm to a range of dynamic client transformation projects
* Employ Enterprise Design Thinking and agile frameworks to help clients uncover new value relating to emerging technologies, next-gen operating models, and culture change
* Bring new concepts to life through wire framing and prototyping
* Collaborate across teams in the creation, design, and presentation of various design deliverables
* Create intellectual capital, assets, and tools that address business and human performance needs and requirements
* Identify business challenges and new opportunities to help clients realize their near and long term goals
* Become a proactive voice in the design community within and outside of IBM
* Use active listening and questioning skills to open minds and promote strategic thinking that is centered around user value and experience
* Contribute to the SET team culture of transparency, disruption, and continuous innovation
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* 4 year degree or equivalent professional experience in design related field
* Professional working knowledge of:
* Adobe Creative Suite
* PowerPoint / Keynote
* Strong UX / UI skills
* Strong presentation skills
* Enterprise Design Thinking Co-Creator badge
* Familiarity and comfort working with Agile methodologies
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* MFA or MDes in design or equivalent degree
* Enterprise Design Thinking Coach badge
About Business Unit
Accelerating IBM's journey toward an insight-driven cognitive enterprise, redesigning IBM's operating model to continuously align with fundamental market shifts, building advocacy with clients/users and driving new ways of work while embracing speed and agility in everything we do.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Active Listening
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Agile Methodology
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Culture Change