The Healthcare Market Specialist is responsible for achieving Branch healthcare sales objectives by communicating Hillyard's value-proposition and using Hillyard's sales and marketing tools to firmly establish Hillyard as a valued distribution partner with Long-term Care and rural Acute healthcare facilities.
- Target, prospect, and effectively and efficiently present Hillyard's healthcare value proposition to close long-term care and rural acute healthcare business.
- Develop robust healthcare target account plan with a minimum of 20 LTC/rural acute healthcare targets.
- Service existing healthcare local accounts/national accounts to include routine scheduled in-services and training activities.
- Meet and/or exceed monthly/quarterly/annual established healthcare sales goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement Branch healthcare sales plan that includes sales forecasts, target accounts, a national account plan and forecasts.
- Assist Manager - Healthcare Solutions in prospecting, targeting and closing sales to regional healthcare GPO's, national/regional Affiliates and IDNs, LTC multi-site independents
and, manage the ongoing relationships as needed.
- Recommend the development of healthcare sales and marketing tools to Hillyard's Manager Healthcare Solutions.
- Implement best-practice healthcare cleaning processes and recommend the appropriate products for the customer's application.
- Assist Branch GMs and Sales Managers build effective Hillyard healthcare programs in their trading area.
- Assist Branch Account Managers prospect for and close new healthcare business.
- Participate in local healthcare trade association activities and events such as AHE, APIC, Leading Age, Argentum, etc.
- Strong communication skills
both verbal and written (email and documents).
- Leadership skills for developing a positive value-added sales culture.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to create and make effective presentations to Hillyard's sales teams, healthcare ES personnel, Infection Preventionists and Infection Control Committees is critical.
- Technical/Computer/Software Skills: Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of products. Must be able to prepare Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets, CCAP (workloading) software, and learn to work with BI and SAP.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based upon customer needs for executive meetings, presentations and training.
- Business Acumen: Develops an understanding of Hillyard's business objectives, marketing strategy, brand strategy and distribution channels. Possesses a working knowledge of sales, marketing, accounting, supply chain management and manufacturing processes.
- Problem Solving: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Valid state driver's license with no major traffic violations within the past 5 years.
A Bachelor's degree (BA) from a 4-year college or university preferred.
Experience selling or servicing healthcare accounts/facilities preferred. A background in Nursing, Infection Control or ES management experience a plus.
Healthcare Market Specialist physical job demands include maximum occasional lift of 51 lbs. from floor to self-selected height; maximum occasional carry of 51 lbs. for 250 ft.; maximum occasional horizontal push/pull force of 50 lbs. for 250 ft.; maximum occasional vertical push/pull force of 60 lbs.; frequent forward reach of 30 inches; frequent lateral reach of 24 inches; occasional reach overhead of 75 inches; frequent bend; occasional crouch and kneel; occasional neck flexion; occasional neck rotation; occasional trunk rotation; occasional foot coordination; frequent hand coordination; occasional fine motor coordination; occasional balance; frequent sitting; frequent standing; and frequent walking. PDC Level: HEAVY. Physical demands of Healthcare Market Segment Manager may change daily depending on delivery of product to customers, product demonstration, and type of vehicle driven.
Some overnight travel may be required.
EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled
Complex Problem Solving