Reverse Mortgage Specialist
Job Description: The Reverse Loan Administration Operations Specialist is responsible for providing clerical support, including assistance in reviewing and processing Line of Business requests, completing reconciliation, monitoring, and maintain system of record with information related to all loan files according to internal & regulatory policies for the servicing of Reverse Mortgages. Loan Administration Operations Specialist must be capable of understanding financial ledgers, as well using critical thinking when researching and reconciling data.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Learn a multitude of Reverse Mortgage Loan Administration Operations processes which serve to maintain regulatory (HUD – HERMIT) systems to set requirements and align to the source system of record.
2. Validate and process default balance adjustment for either the Customer or Vendor for payment of property charges in the servicing system for disbursement by the applicable Cash Team.
3. Analyze documents for required information.
4. Precise data-entry into the servicing system.
5. Cross-train to increase the efficiency of the department.
6. Assist with day-to-day processes such as working with other business units to resolve account issues, research account-history/documents and provide summary findings.
FUNCTIONAL JOB COMPETENCIES
• Analytical/Critical Thinking Skills
• Time Management
• Organizational Skills
• Functional/Technical Skills
• Ability to work autonomously to perform certified tasks
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
What level of education or specialized training is required to perform the job?
Graduation from a 4-year college or university with major course work in a discipline related to the requirements of the position is plus. (Will consider the equivalent combination of job). experience & education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this job.
Experience in Mortgage Servicing is a plus.
Proven track record of working/managing multiple processes.
List any special certifications, licenses, and/or knowledge requirements for this job:
General understanding of federal and state mortgage servicing requirements, standards and servicing processes preferred.
Working knowledge of Microsoft office products, including Excel and its functions.
Audit/QC and Training Experience is a plus.
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.
Product Quality Assurance