If you are innovative, dedicated and want to love where you work, then consider a career at WSFS Bank. At nearly 200 years old, we are the oldest and largest locally-managed bank and trust company headquartered in the Delaware Valley. We take pride in our culture of engaged Associates that bring to life WSFS’ mission We Stand For Service through our daily delivery of stellar Customer experiences. Because of this, we have been consistently ranked a Top Workplace in the region, and recognized as a Gallup Great Workplace.
WSFS Bank's Personal Bankers will be responsible for providing products and services to enhance our Customer relationships. The incumbent will get to know their customers, understand and educate them regarding their financial needs, and recommend the appropriate products and services through in-person interactions and outbound calling efforts. This role will be responsible for opening new accounts, and submitting loan applications. The incumbent will comply with Bank policies and procedures, as well as regulatory banking requirements. Personal Bankers will resolve customer service issues and perform account maintenance requests for customers as needed, while also recommending and promoting the Bank’s digital banking services. Additionally, this role will assist Customers with teller transactions, and will be responsible for processing various transactions in a timely, efficient, accurate, and friendly manner.
We provide a continuous learning environment, challenging work and opportunities for advancement. Our Personal Bankers are provided with a series of classroom and hands-on experiences at various banking offices to apply the knowledge and skills learned. Each Associate will be positioned for success over a 4-6 month training period with the necessary knowledge needed to provide stellar service and become an engaged member of the organization. Training covers applications used to conduct transaction processing and account opening, referral techniques, customer service and relationship building. You will also be trained in relationship building methods and referral techniques in order to make the best product and service recommendations for your customers and expand your branch's customer base.
This position will staff a banking office in Chester County, Pennsylvania which can include Downingtown, Devon, Malvern, Paoli and surrounding areas.
This is a full-time 40 hour/week position with a flexible rotating weekly schedule and 2-3 Saturdays per month are required. This schedule can change at any time based on business needs. This position offers a competitive base salary, incentive opportunity, and benefits. The hired candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States without an employer-sponsored petition for a visa, such as an H-1B visa. WSFS Bank does not intend to file any visa applications in connection with this opening.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must have at least one year of face-to-face customer service experience.
- Previous cash handling experience is required.
- Prior consultative sales experience is required.
- Must have a proven ability to work with customers in an enthusiastic manner.
- Previous experience in a retail sales environment is strongly preferred.
- Must have a proven ability for attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to use and learn multiple banking and software programs.
- Must have proven, excellent customer service skills.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to market Bank products and services.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Incumbent will be required to stand for intermittent periods of time.
- Incumbent may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
- The incumbent will be required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The incumbent will also be required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
- This position requires regular lifting and moving of 10-25 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Cognitive Demands: The cognitive demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- This position requires adaptability, assessing, analyzing, calculating, dependability, memorizing, good judgment, stress control, prioritization, social skills and speaking.
- This position requires comprehension, organization, reasoning and decision-making, communication and mathematical ability.
- Incumbent must possess the capability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, prioritization of own work schedule, apply common sense in performing job duties and making decisions which have impact on immediate work unit.
- Incumbent must be able to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine paperwork, use existing form letter and/or conduct routine oral communication, communicate with individuals using a telephone, hear and speak effectively on the telephone, express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word, communicate orally with others accurately and quickly, at an audible level that others can hear.
- Incumbent must also have the ability to count accurately and the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance and check results for accuracy.