Locust Ridge Contractors of Pocono Lake, PA a division of the H&K Group, Inc., is searching for the ideal laborers, operators and drivers for the Highway Construction Season!
Heavy Equipment Operators operate heavy equipment in a safe and responsible manner to achieve daily production goals by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs all work adhering to OSHA and H&K Safety policies.
- Moves levers and depresses pedals to control operation, function and movement of machine.
- Feels lever and listens for stalling action of engine to operate equipment most efficiently.
- Cleans equipment as scheduled.
- Ensures equipment is safely and securely parked and stored.
- Maintains equipment by greasing properly and checking fluids daily (oils, coolant, fuel level).
- Performs daily checks on equipment to ensure proper operating condition.
- Notifies shop foreman of any requirements for maintenance or repairs.
Drivers must have a CDL B, with 1 to 3 years of tri-axle driving experience and a clean driving record.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs all work adhering to OSHA and Company Safety policy.
- Drives truck to destination. Prepares receipts for load picked up.
- Maintains truck log, according to state and federal regulations and company policy.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- Loads and unloads truck.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Performs daily pre and post trip of vehicle.
- Responsible to tarp all loads when traveling on public roadways.
- Responsible to trim load before tarping when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
H&K provides complete heavy civil contracting and construction materials solutions with safety, speed, quality, efficiency and value. Beginning as a small family business a half century ago, we are now a dynamic group of vertically integrated companies that has been growing and prospering for 50 years.
Thank you for your interest in employment with H&K Group, Inc. At H&K, we invest in our people, providing the essential training, instruction and supervisory support that they need to develop and grow within our company. We acknowledge that H&K’s strength and success is directly related to our employees and the talents, dedication and job performance they exemplify. We seek dynamic, motivated people who are driven to make a difference.
H&K does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are always looking for the best, most qualified people to join our team.
Pre-employment drug testing (EOE)
Great Benefits offered!
Oil And Gas
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)