March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies. We are advocating for policies to protect them. We are working to radically improve the health care they receive. We are pioneering research to find solutions. We are empowering families with programs, knowledge and tools to have healthier pregnancies. By uniting communities, we are building a brighter future for us all.
We are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce that fosters opportunities for personal and professional development. We provide a collaborative and supportive environment built upon our fundamental core principles where each employee is valued. Join us in the fight for healthy moms and strong babies.
About This Position:
*Remote - Reside within/near the Atlanta metro area
The Director Donor Development I is experienced in ensuring data integrity, analyzing reports to evaluate and implement action plans, developing/stewarding donor relationships, and mobilizing supporters in a manner that drives mission impact, increases overall revenue growth.
The Director Donor Development I will report to the Executive Director or Senior Director of Donor Development, sharing successes, problem solving and providing a supportive network for the Market Impact team. This role is responsible for ensuring revenue goal achievement through developing/stewarding donor/prospect relationships, identifying and securing market volunteer leadership, and generating/closing leads for mission investment products in large or medium-size markets.
The Director Donor Development I supports the Executive Director/Senior Director of Donor Development positioning March of Dimes as a leader in maternal and child health care in the respective market as well as establishing effective partnerships and collaborations with corporations, foundations, community/corporate leaders, government officials, other community organizations/nonprofits and supporters.
The Director Donor Development I collaborates and leads market staff to execute event core tactics through leadership, engagement, empowerment, and mobilization of volunteers.
What You Would Do:
Mission Leadership and Impact
Diversified Revenue Portfolio
- Places Mission Impact at the forefront of all work.
- Translate mission and advocacy in a manner that demonstrates impact; identifying supporter philanthropic interest.
- Leverages Mission Impact Opportunities to engage supporters and drives expansion/implementation of mission programs, in a manner that achieves revenue growth and measurable mission impact strategies.
- Demonstrate mission knowledge by communicating our work in a manner that delivers impact, leverages support and results in new mission investment opportunities.
- Demonstrate leadership that mobilizes volunteers, increases corporate relationships and meets market fundraising goals while positioning March of Dimes as a leader in maternal and child health care in his/her respective market.
- Maintain and grow a donor revenue portfolio by moving donors through the donor continuum and continually adding new prospects.
- Increase local revenue by identifying appropriate corporate partners and developing alliances that accelerate the development of strategic partnerships that drive March of Dimes mission impact and mobilizes supporters.
- Identify diversified revenue opportunities that align with the mission goals of the donor.
- Maintain a year-round revenue pipeline that results in newly secured revenue for market events, mission investment revenue streams, major and mid-level gifts, and planned giving.
- Identify, recruit and lead volunteer leadership in a manner that results in increased overall market revenue growth.
- Increase market revenue by researching and analyzing revenue growth opportunities, identifying appropriate partners and developing alliances that accelerate the development of strategic partnerships that drive March of Dimes mission impact and mobilizes supporters.
- Ensure event(s) core tactics are executed ensuring best-in-class fundraising events that drive impact, acquire new supporters/donors and increase revenue.
- Provide a tailored experience for donors throughout the year and create mission lead activations for all donors in stewardship plans.
- Ensure the organization has a clear 360-degree view of market donors/prospects by logging all interactions in CRM.
- Collaborate with market leadership to identify, recruit, and steward qualified volunteer leaders that support impact, movement, growth and performance goals.
- Engage volunteers and advocates year-round in meaningful engagement opportunities within our mission impact, fundraising and advocacy priorities.
- Utilizes the Volunteer Hub to engage and inform volunteers.
- Qualify and activate candidates for volunteer roles for all event committees for assigned event(s).
What We Would Like From You:
- Hold direct reports accountable to market and individual net productivity and profitability goals by utilizing reports and measurement tools and provide staff with constructive feedback that leads to improved performance on a consistent basis (at minimum quarterly, at best weekly).
- Accountable to writing and delivering annual performance reviews in a timely manner that align with the expected HR standards.
- Create a productive, professional, respectful and culturally diverse work environment where all staff can be the best version of themselves.
- Establish and discuss individual performance and behavior goals for direct reports that align with organizational goals.
- Monitor and discuss direct report revenue goal progress on a weekly basis, setting goals and targets WOW and holding staff accountable. Implement growth strategies when needed.
March of Dimes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/Disability/Vet).
- Proven success in cultivating and securing major gifts.
- Proven success in cultivating and securing corporate partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to work and cultivate relationships across a variety of sectors, communities, and levels to ensure mission alignment and reach.
- Proven success in recruiting and retaining high-level volunteer leaders and board members.
- Detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership/management skills with the ability to motivate staff and lead change.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Attention To Detail
- Cultural Diversity