Vaco is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for an immediate contract opportunity with a transportation company in Carson. There is a strong possibility for this to turn into a contract-to-hire role.
What you need for this role:
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance; MBA desired
* At least 5 years of experience as a Senior Financial Analyst
* Advanced Excel skills
* SAP/COPA/BW/BPS reporting package experience a plus
* Logistics, transportation, or trucking industry experience is a plus
- Maintain the company's financial models (P&L, B/S, and CF) as well as other important operational models and reports.
- Compile, maintain and present monthly financial reporting package.
- Design and create customized financial reports as required by various business groups.
- Develop/maintain reporting metrics to help management understand the health of the business (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually).
- Partner with business groups to consolidate and report revenue and expenses, analyze variance vs. prior periods, forecast and budget.
- Develop and maintain accurate financial forecasts, both for revenue and expenses.
- Interface with department managers to review monthly results, explain actual to budget variances, and forecast for future periods
- Interact with management to identify the business requirements that will be translated into key performance indicators. Track progress against identified metrics; provide reporting and analysis.
- Identify and improve operational inefficiencies within current processes to enhance overall group effectiveness.
What's in it for you?
* Great company culture
* Competitive pay
* Regular hourly rate plus overtime pay
* 401k benefits
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles