Global Metal Manufacturer is seeking a Shipper to join their team! (for immediate consideration, please send resumes to Email blocked - click to apply)
Pay rate: $19/hr
*** background & drug screen required***
Essential Job Functions:
- The position is responsible for the receiving, storing, shipping and control of materials and goods used
- Packing and labeling of built items
- Move parts throughout the facility from one process to another
- Receiving, recording, and distribution of incoming materials and hardware
- Check material against orders and visually inspect incoming materials
- Preparation of bills of lading, shipping records, proper box marking, and other shipping administrative tasks as required Prepares shipments for customers, both truckload shipping and pick up
- Assists with loading and unloading of trucks
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Ensure orders maintain internal schedule to keep pace to be on time to the customer
- Ensure inventory is received and documented in a timely manner
- Follow directions from manager and functional leads to complete daily tasks
- Actively engage in safety of self and others at the facility, including holding customers and contractors responsible for best in class safety
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities as needed
- Other job duties as required by business needs
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment
- Ability work effectively on a team
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks & activates
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs repeatedly
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 989945
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
WHAT WE DO:
Apex Systems is a division of the 2nd largest IT staffing and services firm in North America. From consulting to staff augmentation, we connect top tech talent with great companies in all industries.
Apex earned Inavero’s Best of Staffing™ Client Diamond and Talent Awards for providing superior service to clients and job seekers, putting the company in the top 2 percent of all U.S. staffing agencies.
SUPPORTING OUR CONTRACT EMPLOYEES:
We take the time to understand a candidate’s talents and needs to ensure a good match with companies for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Each recruiter within Apex is focused on a specific skill area within infrastructure, applications, and project management. This focused discipline enables our local recruiters to work directly with our candidate’s and focus their talent on the right position at the right time.
WHO OUR CUSTOMERS ARE:
We serve Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a wide variety of industries, including communications, energy, financial services, government services, healthcare, technology, and utilities.
WHERE WE ARE:
Apex has branches in over 70 locations across the U.S. and Canada and more than 1,000 employees dedicated to supporting the needs of our clients and contract team members. Visit www.apexsystems.com to find a local branch or connect with an Account Manager or Recruiter.
View the full profile