Riverbend Post Acute Rehabilitation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
1. Reports to Director of Rehabilitation for administrative and patient care responsibilities.
2. Supervises CFY – Speech Clinical Fellows, if applicable and assists nursing with training of Restorative Aides.
3. Coordinates with members of other departments, committee members and other staff within the Speech Pathology department.
1. Evaluate patients within forty eight (48) hours of physician referral.
2. Develop effective treatment plans and obtain approval for services from referring physician.
3. Treat patients according to the physician’s treatment plan and adhere to facility documentation guidelines.
4. Communicate with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problems and treatment plans.
5. Participate in Patient Care Conference, Utilization Review Meeting and Rehabilitation Conferences.
6. Participate in in service training program for other staff in the facility.
7. Record evaluations, daily treatment notes, weekly progress notes, HCFA 700 & 701 forms per documentation guidelines.
8. Record treatment charges per facility policy and procedure.
9. Instruct patient's families or nursing staff in maintenance program.
10. Participate in discharge planning.
11. Secure necessary durable medical equipment and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate independence.
12. Act as a clinical preceptor for affiliating CFY / RFP Speech Language Pathologist and student programs.
13. Comply with the American Speech Language and Hearing Practice Act for the state, and the facility policy and procedures.
1. Licensed in the state as a Speech and Language Pathologist.
2. Focused in Geriatric Rehabilitation.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Speech Therapist - ST