The process control engineer will be responsible to support day-to-day operation of the Distributed Control System DCS to optimize and enable safe operation of the assets.
- Provide day-to-day process control support for both Olefins units with a focus on Olefins - which includes preparation and support for unit shutdowns, turnarounds, and start-ups.
- Troubleshoot process, process alarm, DCS and process control network issues
- Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Regulatory and advanced control loop tuning
- Control strategy improvement
- Daily process performance monitoring e.g. quality, energy, stability, reliability, etc.
- Daily DCS and process control network performance monitoring e.g. PCN, OPC, etc.
- Provide a leadership role in developing and improving process control applications and optimization technology
- Identify and champion ways to create value
- Lead implementation of process control improvement projects
- Provide guidance for prioritization of DCS projects Support Capital projects as the process control representative
- Control philosophy development, design, documentation and implementation
- Support the definition, development and configuration of the process control strategy for projects
- Participate in process control network troubleshooting and design
- Provide process control support for the PSM process
- Participate in HAZOPs and LOPA studies as needed
- Alarm reduction efforts; participate in documentation and rationalization efforts and implement results through the MOC process
- Understand and provide ownership of Alarm management system
- Participate in the MOC process including leading appropriate MOCs
- Participate in pre-startup safety reviews and lead appropriate PSSRs
- Serve as a resource for Safety Instrumented Systems
- Participate as a team member and lead incident investigations Lead process control strategy to maintain the Process Safety, SHE Compliance, Alarm Management, and Quality systems for the assets.
- Participate in site-wide coverage of DCS issues as necessary Identify and champion ways to create value.
- Assess emerging technologies of interest, both within and beyond area of specialization
- Provide analysis of industry trends and vendor capabilities
- Knowledge Required Bachelor s Degree in Engineering required.
- Must have experience in the application of Honeywell DCS control technology, will have experience in Olefins, petrochemicals manufacturing processes or similar processes, and will have experience with other multivariable control technologies.
- Need to have some specialization in advanced process control
- At least five 5 years experience supporting unit operations in the field of olefins, polyolefins, or similar process industries.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. URL blocked - click to apply