The Healthcare Superintendent (Commercial Construction) will be responsible for managing large projects from pre-bidding to close-out, including the management of subcontractors, contract negotiations, estimating/pricing, material procurement, and scheduling.
A leader in Commercial Construction, our client is Houston-based and is renowned for it's positive company culture and great work place environment. They are a well-established company known for their loyal community and market relationships.
- Monitor project completion within budget, schedule, and conformance with client standards, design program, and construction documents
- Enforce safety protocols to ensure job site consistently meets or exceeds Site Safety and Hospital Policies, 30 Hour OSHA safety standards.
- Assist with bidding opportunities and preconstruction services, development of chart accounts, CPM schedules, detailed scopes of work and site logistics plan and with the shop drawing and submittal process
- Maintain a thorough understanding of contract documents
- Review and understand material/equipment budgets and negotiate purchase orders/rental rates, monitoring cost projects and identifying areas for improvement
- Maintain appropriate documentation throughout the project including change order logs, RFI logs, and submittal lots.
- Meet weekly and communicate daily with subcontractors to assess project progress, schedule, changes and deliveries.
- 8-10 years of experience in $10MM+ commercial construction projects
- 3-5 years of new construction and renovation experience in healthcare construction
- Extensive knowledge of construction process including budgeting, accounting, and procurement
- Self-perform construction management experience
- Competitive base salary and benefits