Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at URL blocked - click to applyJob DescriptionJira Administrator
to join our dynamic team in McLean, VA. Responsibilities
- Creates custom projects in JIRA for complex workflows, reports, permission schemes etc. to meet business needs
- Performs testing in non-production environments, deployment in Production followed by testing in Production
- Creates test cases and generates test reports for testing JIRA projects implementation and enhancements
- Collaborates with stakeholders to gather requirements for new JIRA projects and enhancements
- Performs weekly maintenance of JIRA servers
- Provides ideas for using JIRA more efficiently to meet business needs
- Provides formal and informal training to new JIRA users
- Identifies, tests and provides recommendations for using new plugins to meet project requirements
- Collaborates with other JIRA team members for creating solutions for new requirements
- Analyze, review, and document current functionality to determine potential areas of improvement.
- Manage user permissions for tools according to the needs of projects and teams.
- Perform application and system administration tasks, including data backups and scheduled jobs.
- Test new versions of the tools and plug-ins to ensure compatibility.
- Research and utilize industry standard methods and techniques.
- Maintain JIRA projects, workflows, permissions, and users while working in a JIRA 6.x & 7.x environment.
- Improve JIRA security. Set access permissions for JIRA projects and Confluence spaces.
- Work with JIRA filters, reporting, dashboards, workflows, fields, and JIRA administration.
- Communicate and share knowledge with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Manage multiple responsibilities with tight deadlines.
- Perform basic Linux and Windows Server administration tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline; or Master's degree.
- 4+ years' experience as JIRA Administrator with experience customizing JIRA projects with various schemes, complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' hands-on experience working with the Atlassian product suite, with specific focus on JIRA as a Project/Application Administrator.
- Expert level Atlassian tool administration knowledge on JIRA and Confluence.
- Ability to write custom JQL (Jira Query Language), a plus.
- Ability to construct custom dashboards using various filter types in JIRA, a must.
- Ability to construct Confluence pages and integrate JIRA projects with Confluence pages, a must.
- Ability to create custom fields, reports using post functions.
- Ability to test, recommend and install new plug-ins.
- Ability to perform JIRA administration tasks.
- Experience in performing Atlassian installations, migrations, and plugin installation, a must.
- Experience installing applications on VMs, monitoring performance, and tailing logs on Unix Systems Administration and Microsoft Windows Server, preferred.
- Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL Database administration skills are preferred.
- LDAP integration experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic agile environment.
- Must have strong work ethic with good time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Position involves interfacing with customers.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Public Trust background security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information. US Citizens or Permanent Residents preferred.
Hardworking And Dedicated