To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Manchester, NH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Director of Operations - Manchester, NH
Hubbell Inc • Manchester, NH
Posted 16 days ago
This position will be reporting to GM & VP Operations and is responsible for the activities of manufacturing, purchasing, quality, planning (supply chain) and project management of the organization and aids the GM in formulating and administering organization policies by performing the following duties either personally or through subordinate managers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead role ensuring consistent administration of environmental, safety and health (EHS) policies/practices in accordance with the federal, state and local law and corporate policy to ensure the safety and health of the organization.
- Participates in formulating/administering company policies and developing long range goals/objectives.
- Directs/coordinates activities of the responsible departments on a day to day basis to ensure that daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual objectives are met.
- Quality, cost, delivery and human relations are the key aspects of this role while meeting/exceeding the financial objectives of the business.
- Supplier selection.
- Implementation of back up suppliers to ensure continuity of operations
- Best cost position
- Holds the annual management review process in accordance with the ISO standard/serves as the management representative.
- Ensures internal auditing for compliance of the ISO standards applicable
- Sponsors the Lean activities targeted at waste elimination, continuous improvement and throughput increases.
- Footprint rationalization as needed, for cost reduction and capacity expansions.
- Participates in the union negotiation preparation and advises during negotiations to drive the best outcome.
- Development and monitoring Key Performance Indices (KPI).
- Drive cost reduction (productivity) planning and execution in accordance with the financial plan.
- Provides authorization for funds to ensure responsible fiduciary spending in accordance financial policies.
- Reviews/analyses activities related to costs, operations, CAPEX and forecast data to determine progress toward financial goals and objectives and considers the long range impact of growing the business and adjusts actions to insure compliance.
- Responsible for the cost side of the P&L plus development of annual and three year CAPEX budget.
- Responsible for the budget/forecast processes as well as ongoing monitoring to ensure compliance.
- Confers with GM/other senior personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status/conditions.
- Develops plans and executes actions to meet the decided upon actions.
- Provides oversight and coordination to other business in Operations related matters to drive consistency among the businesses.
- Participates in due diligence process as requested.
- Develops succession planning strategies in coordination with HR to insure continuation of leadership/individual contributor roles going forward.
- Serves as member of senior staff and participates in the overall direction of the business while serving as business unit representative, as needed, in corporate initiatives.
- General oversight of a 3 shift warehouse/distribution operation and interplant shipping and transportation.
- Ensure all EHS requirements are met and sustained.
- Monitor and review distribution metrics to align with company goals/objectives.
- Financial Metrics
- On Time Delivery
- Continued review of internal processes to ensure effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Responsible for annual department budget and STRAT planning.
Travel requirement approximately 20% and may vary depending on Company demands.
Skills and Experience
- 8 to 10 years applicable experience.
- Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Computer Skills: Must have strong Microsoft Office, e-mail and other PC application skills.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management: Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Manages subordinate managers/supervisors/single contributors who lead the total of the employees in facilities, project management, quality, purchasing and supply chain.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units/activities.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Includes interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining (corrective action) of employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.