Tetra Tech Solid Waste is seeking an Environmental Field Technician.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Do you thrive in dynamic environments working outdoors and have the ability to pursue excellence in environmental projects, routine/non routine maintenance, testing and consulting on landfills? Tetra Tech is expanding our team and looking for hard working individuals who have experience or may be new to the environmental field and looking for an opportunity to follow their passions in delivering high quality results and solutions to our customers.
Our O&M project sites offers a unique work environment that specializes in a wide variety of project sites where we are conducting specialized testing, monitoring, and performing maintenance activities at our facilities.
• Operation and maintenance activities on landfill gas (LFG) and landfill liquids collection systems.
• Perform landfill gas monitoring and tuning of well and infrastructure locations.
• Perform regular inspections and maintenance on abatement equipment (Flares, Engines, etc).
• Assist project managers with the procurement of materials, equipment, and supplies for projects.
• Perform maintenance on system components to ensure or restore proper operation and compliance.
• Critical thinking and problem solving of complex field issues.
• Environmental data collection and interpretation and general office assistance such as filling out paperwork and submitting reports.
• Respond to LFG and landfill liquid collection systems call-out devices 24-hours per day, 7 days per week. Tetra Tech guarantees our clients a timely response to system failure within a maximum 12-hour time period.
• Travel for extended periods, if necessary –including overnight stays. It is anticipated that an EFT will travel 30-60% of the time however, this estimate may change based on client needs.
• Work effectively and efficiently as both a team and solely.
• Walk long distances, up and down steeply sloped landfills and outdoor terrain.
• Work in extreme (hot and cold) weather conditions safely.
• Lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a non-consistent basis.
• Pass a company paid, baseline health physical and drug screening, as required.
• Complete the USEPA HAZWOPR, 40-hour, environmental health and safety class, and annual 8-hour refresher classes.
• Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical system failures.
• Provide an aggressive and proactive approach to client needs and urgent issues that arise.
• Ability to obtain, and keep in good standing, a valid driver’s license and ability to drive to job sites.
• Must be available to work overtime, nights, weekends, on-call, and holidays if necessary.
• Minimum High School Diploma and 1 year of general working experience.
• Preferred A.S. or B.S Degree in environmental, or other natural science (geology, biology, ecology etc.).
• Ability to learn and work with complex field monitoring equipment including: flame-ionization detectors, photo-ionization detectors, explosive gas detectors, water level detectors PH/temperature/conductivity meters, and other typical environmental monitoring equipment.
• Some heavy equipment operation, HDPE pipe fusion experience a plus.
• Ability to learn general gas, soil, and air sampling techniques including applicable environmental and health & safety regulations and regulatory requirements.
• Ability to be familiar with operations and maintenance techniques for landfill gas and landfill fluids collection systems.
• Ability to be familiar with landfill gas data, data processing techniques and databases.
• Proficient in the use of a PC, specifically Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Ability to create professional business documents (letters, reports, memoranda, etc.).
• Ability to build and retain mutual relationships with clients.
As an EFT you will have access to a Company provided laptop and cellphone, vehicle for overnight trips, and access to ATV’s to travel on job sites to monitor landfills and conduct maintenance on landfill gas equipment as well as the option to record data using Global Positioning System (GPS) units, tablets, photographs, and digital field site forms.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
If you are disabled and need assistance with your job application process, please fax the position you are applying for to: (330) 659-5931.
For more information on our company, please visit our websites at: http://www.tetratech.com/en/waste-management