Requisition Type: Regular
Must be able to acquire IT-2 level clearance.
Bachelor of Science Degree and/or equivalent experience
Web based application development using any of the following languages and technologies:
- JAVA, JAVA Servlet, J2EE compliant HTML, CSS
- Web Services, Struts/Spring, PrimeFaces, JSF
Demonstrated understanding of multi-tiered design and development with experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Presentation layer (user interface)
- Business objects (application logic)
- Persistence (database connectivity and access)
- Development methodology based upon Agile/Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Knowledge of user stories, creation and management of sprint backlog.
- Ability to interpret/comply with established architecture and framework.
- Creation of object oriented executables using MVC and design patterns.
- Ability and willingness to work in a small team (4-6 members).
- Good communication skills.
- Technical/Professional Certification from industry-recognized organization (Oracle, PMI, IQTSB, CompTIA, Puppet Labs, Red Hat, etc).
- Knowledge of USMC systems and culture.
Experience in any of the following will be beneficial:
- Development of/migration to Cloud-based applications
- DEVOPS or DEVSECOPS
- Automated Application Build-Deploy processes (via tools such as Docker)
- Self-provisioning of environments (via tools such as Puppet)
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Scrum (Software Development)
Java Platform Enterprise Edition (J2 Ee)
Java (Programming Language)
Agile Software Development