Our client in Irving is looking to add a Project Manager to their team.
• Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects within the company’s global organization.
• Oversees all aspects of projects: Project planning, development and execution of project schedule, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project.
• Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects.
• Learns the key functional aspects of the business in order to support project activity.
• Leads the design, testing, planning, and implementation of complex projects for systems that typically affect many users.
• Ensures open communication on the project team.
• Able to break down complex projects into component tasks, create project plans for deliverable work, sequence and assign tasks to complete projects, monitor progress, and review, manage and adhere to the project plan or monitor performance against key project milestones.
• Works with the business to define requirements, identify change requests, mitigate scope creep, and enforce appropriate change management and issue management.
• Manages and monitor the quality of work and deliverables within forecast and budget and also work with the development team to ensure seamless migration of systems from development to production.
• Ensures resource availability and allocation required for project execution.
• Manages project resources including coordination of internal and vendor resources
• Ensures compliance to project management standards, technology standards and security standards, providing input to project methodology and standards where applicable
• Ensures project artifacts and deliverables are posted to the appropriate shared servers and portals.
• Creates and maintains project lists; communicating the business priorities to the technical staff; communicating production-related issues to business and team; and providing on-going project status to delivery and leadership regarding project delivery.
• Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project
• Addresses delicate situations and handles conflicts in such a way as to maximize opportunity and minimize exposure to risk.
• Understands how and when to make a choice; how and when to escalate issues to higher levels. Analyzes the risks and future impact of decisions.
• Makes decisions and takes timely independent action in pursuit of priorities.
• Knowledge and use of systems development & project life cycles
• Leading project meetings
• Responsive to requests and input from business units
• Tracking scope, schedule and resources.
• Experience with MS Office tools used to manage project deliverables
• Experience with MS Project and Project Online a plus
• Technology aptitude and general knowledge of systems and technology concepts a plus
• Experience with development of test cases, scripts and training material advantageous
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.