Are you ready for your next adventure? From down range to corporate positions around the world, we provide you with opportunities to grow your career while helping to make the world more secure.
Constellis provides opportunities across every major continent for individuals who want to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships with our government and commercial customers. Our employees worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, have ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Join us to Secure Success!
- Participate in CCSP related training to search cargo and identify explosive threats
- Perform Handler duties while commanding a trained explosive working dog
- Handler will be responsible for maintaining training records
- Handler will be responsible for care and maintenance of assigned canine
- Must maintain all job related certifications and required security clearances
- Must be willing to operate company vehicle
- Other duties as assigned
- Two years of documented experience handling an explosive detection dog in an operational environment preferred
- Must be able to obtain a Known Traveler Number (KTN) within four to six weeks of employment required
- Must have adequate transportation to transport assigned Canine and Crate (inside the vehicle) to/from assigned work location; transportation must have operational climate control
- Must be able to pass the applicable Contract Testing and Certifications for the program within four to six weeks of employment; candidate must maintain the certification requirements
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clear driving record for the last three years
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Constellis protects critical priorities safely and efficiently around the world. Operating in 40 countries and based in the Washington D.C. area, our 22,000 Constellis employees bring unparalleled dedication and passion for creating a safer world and upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity. As a leading global provider of risk management, security, humanitarian, training and operational support services to government and commercial customers worldwide, Constellis' forward thinking solutions include a range of synergistic services, including background investigations, social intelligence tools, advanced training, logistics and life support, UAV and K9 services, and crisis response mitigation. At Constellis, our number one priority is to secure success for our customers. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to K-9 Handler (D.C.)
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Work conditions can vary from a busy training environment to field work, both subject to frequent interruptions. Frequent work outside and in inclement weather conditions is required, including heat, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Normal work hours are Monday-Friday 7:00 am to 4:00 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required, and work schedule will vary. Travel may also be required.
Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 90 lbs. Requires standing for long periods of time in all weather conditions. Requires intermittent sitting, walking, running, climbing, squatting, stretching, bending, and kneeling. Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
Search (Computer Science)