Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we’re committed to more – more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what’s important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
Primary Objective: Seeking experienced material planner/production scheduler to manage material flow and schedule production utilizing advanced ERP and graphical scheduling software to support high volume, fast-paced, multiple-site manufacturing company by coordinating day-to-day activities with suppliers, customer service, inventory control and production.
- Highly analytical: critical-thinker; strong analytical aptitude and attention to detail; due to the speed and rate of change occurring in this manufacturing environment, must be able to problem solve and think independently.
- Excellent computer competence: comfortable working in a highly automated environment with multiple and complex software systems; proficient in MS Excel; solid ERP/MRP understanding.
- Fast learner: able to learn large quantities of information quickly, think abstractly to understand the various linkages between all manufacturing and distribution locations, understand intra-company flows and communicate clearly with all levels of management.
- Organized: ability to multitask and prioritize; results oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills: a team player that communicates effectively, both internally and externally; relationship builder.
- Flexible: adaptable and able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; able to work additional hours when required.
- Professionally mature: a proactive self-starter with the ability to work with minimal direction, but also follow directions.
- Must be able to identify problems, determine root causes and create effective solutions, exercising sound judgment in evaluating situations, planning actions, making decisions and setting priorities.
- Motivated: enthusiastic; strives for excellence; continually seeks to improve self and company; ability and strong desire to grow with the company; leads by example.
- Develop an efficient and effective production schedule considering multiple inputs: sales and operations plan, master schedule, customer requirements, production efficiencies, warehouse capacities, and supplier capabilities.
- Manage flow of materials between production facilities and external warehouses as required and be able to manage constraints.
- Serve as link between product management and all impacted departments to ensure successful product launches and reduce obsolescence costs.
- Innovate and drive changes in established processes, methods and procedures.
- Understand the use of Lean/Process Improvement methodology and be able to apply to supply chain processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Business Administration, Engineering or other related discipline plus at least three years of directly related experience.
- Must be proficient in MS Excel with a strong ERP/MRP foundation and be able to utilize software systems effectively to manage and analyze large, complex data sets.
- SAP and/or MS Access experience and APICS classes/certification a plus
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Administration
- Business Process Improvement