Knorr Brake Company is the innovative leader in the manufacture and supply of braking systems, passenger doors and climate-control equipment for all types of Mass Transit customers such as: METRO, Light Rail Vehicles, High-Speed Trains, Commuter Rail and Monorail Vehicles for the North America market. We’re part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You’ll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today! URL blocked - click to apply
This position is responsible for providing leadership of the strategic purchasing function within KBC. Working with internal business partners in the manufacturing, project management and engineering community, the overall objective is obtaining material, supplies and services in conformance with technical requirements, on time and at the best value.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Major Responsibilities of the position:
- Develop, implement and maintain a commodity based strategic sourcing and supplier development process for both ongoing and new product production.
- Supervise the strategic buyers
- Ensure the process, from requisition to order placement, is efficient and in compliance with established rules, regulations and policies.
- Monitor and maintain compliance with applicable ISO and IRIS Standards.
- Develop purchasing databases and performance measurements.
- Provide reports to Deputy Director of Purchasing as requested.
- Interface directly with supplier management as needed to resolve issues.
- Recognize and evaluate strategies/opportunities, as well as business and legal risks.
- Provide sound procurement advice and guidance to team members.
- Interface with other departments to achieve common goals and objectives.
- Must be able to follow instructions, safety & environmental rules and regulations.
- Securing that the process contents in the concerned Organization units are known.
- Support other concerned process drivers in their processes.
- Knowledge of Best-Practice solutions.
- Implementation of important results of projects into the processes.
- Ensure continuous improvement also by controlling of realization and effectiveness of the process with suitable methods (e.g. performance indicators, assessments) and initiation of suitable measures at deviations.
- Secure implementation of process-oriented tasks in one’s own target agreement; including bonus relevant targets for their process(es).
- Process tasks as described in departmental procedures.
- Responsibility also covers Sub-Processes in other Organizational units.
- Group Process Driver responsibility covers all organizational units worldwide.
Must have strong computer and MRP skills (SAP knowledge a+)
Must have good verbal and written communication skills (Bilingual a+)
Must have good interpersonal skills.
Must have negotiation abilities.
Must have good business acumen
Experience sourcing technical products preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field required
- Master's Degree in Supply Chain, Operations or Business Management a plus
- 7-10 years of purchasing experience required
- 5+ years of experience managing direct reports required
- 10+ years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
What does Knorr Brake Company have to offer you?
- Competitive Health Benefits
- Company Paid Life and Disability Benefits
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401 (k) Plan
- Educational Assistance
- Free Passes to Local Attractions
- Free Gym memberships
- Additional Discount Offerings
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Company Paid Holidays
- Monthly Employee Welfare Events and Volunteer Opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.