The Client Accounting Services team is looking for a Property Accounting Associate based in Westmont, IL. Successful candidates will have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting with 1-2 years of accounting experience preferred – real estate experience is a plus.
This Associate will prepare financial statements for a portfolio of properties, including General Ledger month-end close, actual-to-budget variance review, cash management, audits, bank reconciliations and spreadsheet preparation. Associate will prepare timely and accurate monthly property financial statements for a property portfolio by deadlines established within Client Accounting Services and by external Client.
• Prepare financial statements for a portfolio of properties: General Ledger month-end close, actual to budget variance review, and ability to learn various types of real estate accounting software
• Prepare timely and accurate monthly property financial statements for a 3 to 4 property portfolio by deadlines established within Client Accounting Services and by external Client
• Prepare additional schedules, which are required to support account balances or are specifically required by owners
• Submit financial statements and work papers in reviewable form (including documentation) and within the proper time frame for review
• Responsible for cash management of assigned properties
• Insure that all bank statements are reconciled on a timely basis and follow-up on all outstanding checks and reconciling items monthly
• Maintain a working knowledge of mortgage agreements and management agreements for assigned properties
• Assist property manager in responding to tenant and owner requests for financial information
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• 1 - 2 years accounting experience preferred but not required; real estate a plus
• Strong analytical skills, organizational skills
• Demonstrated consistency in values, principles and work ethic
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Computer proficiency
• Strong attention to detail and proficient time management and the ability to excel in a fast paced environment.
Location(s): Westmont, Illinois
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our URL blocked - click to apply.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy URL blocked - click to apply.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at URL blocked - click to apply. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our URL blocked - click to apply page > I want to work for JLL.
Standard Accounting Practices