To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hagerstown, MD 21742
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Business Partner
Volvo Group • Hagerstown, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Volvo Group Trucks Operations has seen exciting growth and opportunity in our Hagerstown, MD plant. Investments and new technology are being implemented and we are developing for the future. For HR, this means a huge cultural change journey where we are moving from a traditional HR approach, to a business oriented and value added HR model. This journey has progressed over the past 2 years and will continue.
This position will report to the Director of Human Resources. The HR team involves a skilled and engaged team consisting of five HRBP´s, a Health & Safety Manager, a Labor Relations Manager and a Training Center Manager.
The primary responsibility of the HR Business Partner is to support management teams lead by Directors of Volvo GTO Powertrain Production and the managers of the organization. To participate growing and expanding HR activities that drives business performance and results and to ensure that we take necessary action to prepare our organization for the competence shift in the high speed technology shift we are facing.
- Provide HR support to managers which will ensure HR delivers the growth, talent and performance necessary for achieving business goals
- Ensure the effective implementation of HR policies, methodologies and guidelines within the organization are supported
- Proactively build and promote strong employee trust and open communication between all levels of the organization through the use of Volvo’s Code of Conduct
- Develop an understanding of business objectives and practices of the customers which will be served – All to provide effective support, coaching and consultation within people of the organization
- To lead, guide and implements HR activities according to Volvo Production System/Lean (VPS) & People Development (PD) principals & methodologies
- As a full member of functional management team(s) lead by the Director of the function, you will be the one-point of contact for any HR related topics for at least one Production area and/or Support function
- Lead HR projects and implementations aligned with the HR Strategy and VPS & PD Methodology and ways of working
- Collaborate and coordinate with key HR professionals in the HR Service Delivery Model (HR SDM) to ensure effective joint delivery of HR services to the assigned organization (shared services). Full implementation of this model will be a key deliverable
- Work closely with the HR network and support organizations to ensure compliance and appropriate resolutions
- Ensure that the organization complies with local employment laws & legislations and applicable Volvo Group policies
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regional labor laws, employment laws and government regulations
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, a related field or equivalent work experience
- The HR culture requires an assertive and dynamic individual who is proactive in communications and able to develop effective and trustful relationships at all levels within the company
- Solid analytical skills and demonstrated ability to solve problems quickly and creatively
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted initiatives in conjunction with day-to-day activities with minimum supervision
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with all levels of the organization through the use of tact, diplomacy and discretion
- Solid conflict resolution skills which demonstrate confidence in own ability and analyzing data to question and challenge managers and other HR partners, resulting in sound conclusions
- Thorough knowledge of HR processes and policies which will include recruitment, talent management, compensation, organization development, diversity & inclusion, and more.
- Coaching and facilitation skills, principles that help drive transformation and change in the organization
- Labor Relations experience in a union environment is preferred
- Communication: Good verbal and written skills and experience/ability in Change Management
- Consulting Skills: Establishing a client relationship based on clear expectations and an agreement on deliverables
- HR Controlling and Reporting: Ability to create and utilize HR data to establish reports and monitor policies and guidelines
- Teamwork: Ability to build relationships and networks in a matrix environment
- Leadership: Understanding of interpersonal relationships and organizational behavior
- Self-Managed – Proactive deliveries and follow through, requiring minimal supervision