To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- McLean, VA
- US Autopost
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director, Architecture & Design - Luxury Brands
Hilton Corporate • McLean, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Our Architecture & Design Department delivers truly exceptional properties that delight our guests, reward our partners, and reflect the unique cultures of their geographical locations. With design and construction professionals across 16 locations, we have the advantages of a global presence as well as the benefits of local resources, skills, and expertise.
What will I be doing?
You will support the Senior Director of Design, Luxury Brands who oversees the Waldorf Astoria, Conrad and LXR Brands and the Senior Vice President, Global Design Services with strategic portfolio growth initiatives among Hilton's developing Luxury & Lifestyle Brands.
You will focus on the elevation of Luxury Brand design through successful project deliveries within these respective Luxury Brand portfolios. Design Director will be responsible to support GDS Luxury Team colleagues, collaborate with A&C, Brand, Operations (includes F&B, Spa / Fitness / Wellness, MEP, IT, etc.), Development, and Technical Services teams for Hilton's new LXR Brand and CAPEX initiatives for the Waldorf Astoria and Conrad estates. Director will manage LXR specific new development and due diligence acquisition / PIP efforts, in addition to long range planning for CAPEX initiatives, all while building new and maintaining current CAPEX tools, GDS Design Initiatives, Brand Narratives and Design & Construction Standards. Design Director will be responsible for North American Region (USA & Canada) Luxury Brand projects which are critical for Design, Brand, Operations and Technical assessments to achieve GDS approvals for projects being conversions, renovations and new construction.
As the Design Director, you will work proactively and collaboratively with both internal and third party business partners such as Owners, Operators (both Hilton and Franchise), Developers, and Design and Technical consultants to promote our benefited approach relative to programming, planning and operational efficiencies. Design Director will provide strategic recommendations to improve the inherent value of the hotel asset through elevated design, product quality and timely delivery, being mindful of Owner budgets and schedules. These objectives should be seen as part of ongoing training for continued professional development. GDS Initiatives and project specific work will require moderate business travel.
- Drive Luxury Brand alignment, including program, budget, planning and design due diligence initiatives, providing mentorship to our key partners including internal Brand, Operations and Development teams, in concert with third party owner's, architects, design and technical consultants.
- Encourage collaborative work sessions, both in-person and electronic, to foster positive team member relationships. Project evaluations and recommendations shall optimize the quality of the guests' experience and overall performance of the property. Projects will encompass long-range CAPEX planning, acquisition due diligence efforts, PIP development, property and project assessments, and site and desktop evaluations for conversions, renovations and new construction projects.
- Drive the evolution and maintenance of the Operations CAPEX planning initiative and all respective Luxury CAPEX projects, Luxury Brand Design Narratives, D&C Standards, Key Brand Attributes, specific design initiatives, communication tools, etc.
- Collaboratively evaluate and make recommendations for improvements to GDS effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Assist with the development of the design website in coordination with the external webhost company, including the evaluation of functionality, effectiveness and user-friendly interface. Help develop content materials and tools for ongoing site improvement.
- Independently review and assess properties and project documents, including design presentations, FF&E and GC drawings and/or specification submittals for compliance with GDS and Brand standards.
- Compose written and visual recommendation and approval documents for internal and external publication. Drive commensurate Luxury Brand team assembly.
- Provide mentorship to the consultants of both Managed and Franchised hotel owners and hotel GM's through the process of online project registration, design submittals (both electronic and physical), collaborative workshops and relationship building, issuance of formal design approval letters, etc.. In select cases, with hotel GM's hold responsibility for managing and delivering CAPEX renovation projects.
- Receive digital and hard copy submittals and manage the process of accurate log maintenance, design review, safe record storage on or off site and potential return to owners and design consultants.
- Proactively track active projects to ensure we are ahead of the curve, monitoring the progress of various design and construction projects. Included are certain administrative functions such as copying, filing, scheduling conference calls, preparing meeting minutes, preparing design review responses, and scheduling design meetings.
- Assist in the communications and follow-up with Brand, Operations and Development teams to resolve outstanding issues.
- Presentation Support; assist with presentation preparations to senior executives and outside constituencies.
- Professional Attributes; strong desire for collaborative team culture to thrive within.
- Industry Knowledge; strive to be knowledgeable of our industry and current design trends and products relative to L&L Brand growth, as a basis to maintain innovative design criteria.
- Competitive Market; make a concerted effort to tour recently completed Hilton and non-Hilton L&L properties both locally and as travel warrants.
- Professional Development; attend professional and/or community events to represent Hilton, always being mindful of career development opportunities.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to successfully communicate in both oral and written forms and graphically by developing diagrams and documenting reviews (e.g. Bluebeam, loose hand sketches, etc.)
- Interpersonal communicators and networkers who will positively influence Hilton's partners to communicate effectively at all levels and who can share relevant information in a clear, professional and concise manner
- Collaborative and organized teammate who can build positive relationships and trust with direct reports and the greater team
- Effectively manage conflict resolutions and handle all disputes in a swift and efficient manner
- Strong project management, organizational, communication and collaborative skills, including the ability to handle details through to completion, ensure project objectives are met and projects are successfully delivered in a Luxury commensurate, quality manner
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; (Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point)
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or Interior Architecture
- Ten (10) years of experience working within the Hospitality Design Industry within the Luxury sector
- Experience working with Bluebeam and Adobe Suite (Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, inDesign, Illustrator)
- Experience and detailed knowledge with Luxury caliber hotel and resort architecture, interior design, and FF&E technical specification writing and evaluations
- General knowledge of accessibility, building codes and technical requirements as it relates to hospitality architecture and design industry
- Ability to travel 40%
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Fifteen (15) years of experience working in the Hospitality Design Industry, and within the Luxury sector; experience would ideally include hotel, corporate and/or owner positions
- Professional experience with Luxury Resort and Branded Residential real estate projects
- Experience working with Sketch-up, AutoCAD or other 3D visualization software
- Current Licensed Architect
- Current Registered Interior Designer
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!