$55000.00 to $65000.00 yearly
A non-profit school located in Southwest Houston is adding a Regional FP&A Analyst to their team. The Regional FP&A Analyst is responsible for performing various budget analyses to ensure that the organization makes wise financial decisions and uses funding appropriately. The Regional FP&A Analyst will perform variance reports of all financial data and will flag discrepancies. The Regional FP&A Analyst plays a major role in developing budget templates and making budget projections based on previous activity. The Finance team celebrates understanding the big picture, and this role will balance deep financial analysis with evaluating organizational KPI’s.
The Regional FP&A Analyst will:
1. Have strong analytical ability to perform detailed variance analysis with the ability to see the big picture; the analyst must be able to zoom into the details and zoom out to see the overall impact to the respective region
2. Participate in the development and maintenance of the annual budget process
3. Assist in monitoring and controlling the regional operating budgets
4. Work with budget owners to provide data analysis and variance update to support budget decisions
5. Provide training to budget owners on individual budgets, and be available with answers to on-going questions regarding the budget
6. Provide useful analysis and reports including ADA, payroll projections, and grant tracking
7. Assist in the monthly/quarterly/annual reviews and analyses of financial reports for accuracy and budget variance
8. Ad hoc reporting and modeling requested by Director of FP&A, as needed
Ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, and 2+ years of experience with financial analysis, budgeting or variance analysis. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are required.
2+ years financial analysis skills
- Outstanding communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
- Advanced Excel
- Financial planning & analysis (go-to-market experience favored)
- Experience in problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly preferable (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
- BA/BS degree in finance or a related field
- Deep understanding of variance analysis
- Knowledge of budgeting
- Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half URL blocked - click to apply.
Analysis Of Variance