To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
705 Mount Auburn Street
Watertown, MA 02472
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Health Care Analyst II
Tufts Health Plan • Watertown, MA
Posted 12 days ago
Healthcare - Health Services
Accounting, Finance, Health Care
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This multifaceted position allows the individual to participate in all aspects of projects from planning, designing, implementing, and presenting findings. Projects support the goal of providing a value based product that is competitively priced and increases the quality of care provided to our members. Topics of focus include trend analysis, product development, provider reimbursement analysis and financial planning and projection. The individual will meet these needs through the use of various software packages including SAS, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. The use of other specialty software is also required. Day-to-day work is a combination of new projects, maintaining existing projects, and standard reporting. This role will work closely with a variety of THP departments including Sales, Contracting and Medical Management.
Qualifications (Minimum education & experience level required):
* College degree required
* Minimum 2+ years experience
* A combination of strong technical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
* An understanding of the health insurance industry is preferred
Skill requirements (include complexity of position):
* Demonstrated experience in analytic work
* Proficiency in the use of personal computers, relational databases such as MS Access, statistical packages such as SAS or SPSS, MS Excel and database applications. A solid understanding of SQL is a plus.
* Well-developed verbal and written skills
* Able to facilitate planning and review sessions
* Able to present methodology and results within department and to project teams
* Able to operate in a matrix environment
* Able to implement Actuarial department standards and processes.
* Receives regular management oversight of selected tasks, projects and processes
* Increasingly applies own judgment to analytical/technical issues
Interpersonal skills (include personal interaction):
* Must be able to work cooperatively as a team member. Regular interface with various levels of staff and management is required as well.
All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters while working at Tufts Health Plan is considered confidential. Will be exposed to and required to deal with highly confidential and sensitive material. Must adhere to corporate compliance policy, department guidelines/policies and all applicable laws and regulations at all times.
Working Conditions or Additional requirements (include special requirements, e.g., lifting, travel, overtime)
Unlimited access to confidential member and provider specific data, as needed.
Fast paced office environment. Works on personal computer approximately 70% of the time. Must be able to exercise appropriate judgment, as necessary. Open cubicle work setting with personal computer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job ID: 5000268376906
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.