To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Winona, MN 55987
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
General Manager I
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Winona, MN
Posted 1 month ago
Job ID(Requisition ID):
The General Manager is responsible for setting objectives and directing the operations through a team of functional managers and front line supervisors. The position ensures increasing levels of customer and employee satisfaction while improving the site’s efficiency, materials and machines. Provides day-to-day management to enable profitable organic growth Accountable to achieving financial objectives (e.g. revenue, gross margin, operating income, inventory, cash cycle days) and to create an environment where all employees are safe and productive. Provide leadership to operations, quality, engineering, finance, materials, HR and information technology. This position supports the Minnesota division with locations in both Winona and Rochester, Minnesota. This requires the selected candidate to spend time at each location.
Essential Functions and Competencies
• Oversee daily operations of the site
• Maintains strong relationships with customers and has solid understanding of customer relationship health, contract terms and any delivery, quality or cost issues.
• Directs the activities of program management and CFTs.
• Ensures seamless transition of new products by adhering to the Benchmark’s Standard Transition Process, optimizing factory layout and equipment, adopting new procedures and ensuring required material, capacity and resources are available.
• Provides input and feedback to Global Process Owners in the area of IT, materials, program management and operational excellence and ensures effective deployment of approved procedures and policies.
• Prepares and presents the site’s financial and operational performance during the monthly operational review including review of past and expected performance, risk and opportunities and mitigation plans with financially sound and well-supported analysis and decisions.
• Presents an annual operating plan including financial statements and budgeting plans.
• Continuously monitors and provides financial forecast for 12-month rolling period.
• Establishes and monitors KPIs related to achieving continuous improvement in the areas of: o Scrap rate and rework o On-time delivery and productivity o Cycle time by streamlining processes, eliminating tasks, working with manufacturing and engineering groups to arrive at solutions that are more efficient. o Gross margin
• Manages material requirements to deliver appropriate inventory turns, inventory of material and finished goods as well as excess and obsolete material.
• Ensures compliance with Benchmark standards for waste reduction, quality and safety.
• Prioritizes programs based on capacity and load requirement.
• Determines headcount needs while maximizing productivity and efficiency.
• Ensures compliance with company needs for capital investments and improvement projects.
• Participate in the analysis and recommendation of new business development consistent with the organization’s capabilities and plans. Activity participates in sales efforts, account and opportunity reviews.
• Focuses on the development of resources and fosters an environment where talent is motivated and productive. Continuously assesses the organization and ensures appropriate succession plans are in place.
• Conducts weekly meetings with site leadership teams to ensure status of key activities and review site performance metrics
• Evaluate and make recommendations on key investments in equipment, infrastructure and talent.
• Evaluate employee performance and provide additional coaching and support as needed
• Communicate the site’s charter, strategy and operational results to the site’s employees.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to effectively mentor employees at all levels
• Understanding of and ability to use continuous improvement tools
• Ability to drive solutions to complex planning issues with limited supervision
• Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as required
• Effective analytical, planning, and organizational skills
• Effective interpersonal skills with employees and customers
• Effective negotiation and problem solving skills
• Demonstrate discretion, confidentiality, independent judgment, and professionalism when representing the company
• Demonstrate leadership and people management skills
• Demonstrate teamwork and the ability to operate on diverse project teams with minimal direction
• Solid financial understanding, risk analysis ability, relationship-building, and project management
• Lead or participate in a continuous improvement activity with complete documentation, including a follow up review with the team in a presentation format
• Available for travel up to 25-50% of the time, including day, overnight and international as required
8+ years of electronics manufacturing experience or equivalent combination; Contract manufacturing preferred 8+ years in a leadership role
4 year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience as approved by executive management
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.