Please note, this position is located at Winter Park Resort in Winter Park, CO.
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play... Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
Discounted tickets for your friends & family
Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
Generous food & beverage and retail discounts
Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
The Senior Copywriter is a passionate and detail-oriented writer that builds and reinforces Winter Park’s brand across all marketing channels. They think like a marketer and are responsible for the development, creation, and execution of the overarching messaging platforms for all marketing initiatives. This role will strategically utilize messaging and communication plans to drive larger marketing efforts. The ideal candidate is well versed in creating persuasive messages and compelling stories for need-based psychographic audiences while maintaining a consistent brand voice.
This role reports to the Creative and Content Sr. Manager and will work closely with the rest of the marketing team and core business stakeholders. They will take written or spoken ideas and convert them into messaging concepts and written content to support integrated marketing campaigns that drive visitation and revenue. Additionally, this role will be responsible for managing plans with competing deadlines and priorities, while managing other team members to ensure follow through.
This role is responsible for owning and developing our brand voice across all touchpoints. They will distill our brand personality and mission and bring it to life through long or short-form copy on the website, email, blog posts, advertising, video scripts, social captions, printed materials, and other channels. They will be responsible for creating key messaging campaigns and copy used in marketing for Lodging, Activities, Food and Beverage, Ski and Ride School, Events, Paid Tickets, and Pass Products in addition to others.
The Senior Copywriter is expected to approach their role with a data-informed mindset, have a strong sense of business acumen, and apply creative problem-solving to marketing challenges.
- Brand Voice and Copy Writing
- Own and evolve our brand voice across public-facing channels and marketing materials to create a consistent and differentiated brand presence.
- Develop messaging guidelines and templates for key audiences.
- Write long and short-form copy for all public-facing channels (advertising, blog, website, print ads, OOH ads, emails to various audiences, multiple forms of on-site signage, paid advertising on social channels, and third-party websites in addition to others). This role involves extensive copywriting.
- Support PR, internal departments, business units such as Ski and Ride School, Food and Beverage, hotels, etc, and corporate offices as needed with copy across various platforms.
- Create impactful strategic messaging and communication plans.
- Develop multi-channel messaging platforms for key products, packages, core businesses, and seasonal campaigns, and deliver needed copy assets to the marketing team.
- Work cross-functionally with the marketing team to develop messaging platforms that drive revenue and increase visits, grounding creative and strategic decisions in consumer insights and broader cultural trends.
- Closely work with the marketing team and creative agency to develop creative concepts, copy, and content that achieves marketing objectives.
- Interpret project/creative briefs and create marketing materials that are on strategy and adhere to all mandatories.
- Lead blog strategy to drive brand affinity and engagement, compel consumers to experience Winter Park, drive incremental visits to the resort and drive ancillary resort business revenue.
- Manage blog to be a relevant and compelling key marketing tool.
- Ensure brand and accurate content, and overall blog quality
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager to support email campaigns with compelling copy and messaging.
- Work closely with the Social and Content Manager to support social strategy with captions and other written content as needed.
- Work closely with the Content Coordinator to craft Scripts, Voice over, and other written content as needed to support paid media.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; proven writing, editing, and proofreading.
- An eye for details, excellent grammatical skills, and the ability to develop multi-channel content that requires little or no editing.
- Proven understanding of brand voice and adapting voice to different audiences.
- Must be detail-oriented and have a strong sense of accountability and ownership over their work.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision and act as a problem solver, creative thinker, and self-starter.
- Must maintain a sense of curiosity and foster a department culture of innovation, collaboration, and accountability and be successful in experiential hospitality and promotionally driven, fast-paced, metrics-oriented company.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 4+ years of experience working in content writing and marketing in a professional setting.
- Experience in hospitality, travel, or experiential brand preferred.
- Passionate outdoor enthusiast with a love for the mountain lifestyle.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts' hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts' total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
Salary pay range: $52,000-$70,000/year
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment constantly.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices, and basic office equipment constantly.
- Ability to work for extended periods sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking constantly.
- Ability to work for extended periods standing, walking, kneeling, pushing, and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
Indoor/Outdoor: This job is primarily inside, but may require some on-mountain work from time to time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to harsh and varying outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the workplace is usually moderate.
Travel Requirements: Minimal travel required and only in the local area.
Hours: This position may be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees based on age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law. Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
- Attention To Detail
- Commercial Awareness
- Copy Editing
- Creative Problem Solving