Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Insight Analytics is seeking a service-oriented, Consultant, Business Analytics to provide implementation and operational support in the area of healthcare provider analytics solution delivery. The Consultant will be responsible for supporting end-to-end delivery of analytics solutions within the value based payment solution portfolio. Key activities include business analysis and quality assurance , in support of service delivery of value-based payment solutions for episodes of care.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support analytics service delivery within the Medicaid domain
- Support requirement definition as needed by participating in requirements-gathering activities (e.g., meetings, workshops, JAD sessions) with business and technical stakeholders (e.g., business owners, process owners, domain experts)
- Translate documented requirements into solutions using the appropriate tools/processes (e.g., business use cases, process flows, application configuration workbooks)
- Implement requirements by updating the configuration settings with the application platform using SQL produce value based results
- Partner with applicable stakeholders to support identification of operational impact of changes within defined solutions (e.g., changes to policies/processes/procedures, compliance with applicable legal/regulatory requirements, additional requirements)
- Collaborate with a team of analysts, and developers to complete deliverables per defined requirements and schedules
- Support quality assurance, testing initiatives as needed
- Support efforts to complete analysis and respond to state initiated audit requests
- Support initiatives to implement operating efficiencies/effectiveness in services and deliverables
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of experience with healthcare claims data, provider operational data
- 2+ years of experience with generating SQL scripts / Database concepts
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Experience in the healthcare ecosystem - with the ability understand how payers and providers interact, and how value-based programs enable improved quality of care
- Experience with clinical codes and quality classifications
- Experience with Agile methodology and concepts
- Ability to communicate complex concepts verbally and in writing
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.