The Loan Support Specialist is responsible for providing fast, friendly guidance to all employees by way of in-person and virtual communications. This guidance ranges from answering “how-to” questions, providing advanced guidance on the use of loan origination systems and solving technical issues related to mortgage systems, to creating procedures for leveraging support resources and creating self-help documentation and resources. The Loan Support Specialist acts as the central point of contact for Loan Officers and Loan Processors in need of assistance with lending activities and will collaborate with subject matter experts in Underwriting, Closing, Secondary, Compliance, IT and other departments to provide that assistance.
- Daily loan support for all company employees via a ticketing system, inbound phone calls, email, and in person for all company systems and software
- Provide guidance and troubleshooting assistance to Loan Officers, Loan Processors, Underwriters, and others on the usage of loan origination systems and services
- Assist Loan Officers and Loan Processors in finding answers regarding loan eligibility and lending guidelines
- Create technical documentation, system documentation, “how to” guides, and self-help references
- Loan level administrative tasks within the loan origination system
- Track tasks, activities, and time spent within the ticketing system
- Collaborate among team members and work effectively in a team oriented environment
- Associates degree or 4 years of equivalent work experience. Bachelor degree preferred
- At least 2 years providing direct support to employees or customers
- At least 4 years of recent experience as a Loan Processor, Loan Officer, or Underwriter in the mortgage industry
- Broad knowledge of mortgage loan origination activities, loan programs, and regulatory requirements
- At least 3 years of experience using Encompass360 Banker’s Edition in a production role
- Strong knowledge on the use of verification, credit, appraisal, title, pricing, and automated underwriting services as they relate to mortgage loan origination
- Ability to provide excellent customer service in person, on the phone, and via ticketing system.
- Experience utilizing a ticketing system to handle Loan Support questions preferred.
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
CrossCountry Mortgage, Inc. (NMLS3029) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, orientation, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability status or marital status. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation. CrossCountry Mortgage, Inc. is an FHA Approved Lending Institution and is not acting on behalf of or at the direction of HUD/FHA or the Federal government. To verify licensing, please visit URL blocked - click to applyURL blocked - click to apply.
Training And Development