Pilgrim's is a leading global provider of high-quality food products, including well-recognized brands and value-added premium products. As one of the world's largest poultry producers, Pilgrim's has provided wholesome, quality products to customers and consumers. It's our passion for excellence that continues to drive us to be the best and take pride in giving our team members opportunity to grow.
Pilgrim's Arcadia Location
While Pilgrim's is a global company, we offer a hometown feel within our complex located in Arcadia, WI. Pilgrim's works with 150 local growers. We employ approximately 500 team members at our complex. We give you the tools you need to discover your perfect career match, and the freedom and support to take your career to the next level. It is our goal to be your employer of choice and provide you with the opportunity for a better future for you and your family!
Pilgrim's wants YOU to join our team as a SHIPPING/WAREHOUSE WORKER! Position starts at $20.51/Hour and we are offering a $3000 HIRING Bonus!
* 5 Days of Vacation, after 60 days of employment
* Benefits at 60 days of employment, 401K contributions on day 1 of employment
* 70% off quality Pilgrim's poultry products
* Training provided with a trainer/mentor
* Advancement opportunities
* Better Futures Program -2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
* Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program or Management Trainee Program
At Pilgrim's, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing guidelines are followed within our facility. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are available to all team members and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
* Responsible for the general operation and basic maintenance of the auto scale.
* Performs manual scaling at the re-weigh station, including its general operation and basic maintenance.
* Constant repetition of stacking boxes weighing 45-50 pounds on pallets which are segregated by product code.
* Assists with rework by either repairing the cases or identifying them for return.
* Assures inventory accuracy by submitting daily scale adjustment reports.
* Rotates stock as required.
* Operates forklift and pallet jack safely and efficiently.
* Loads trucks both with equipment and by hand, which can vary in weight up to 50 pounds per case.
* Ability to fill customer orders accurately using handheld scanner equipment.
* Keeps area clean by performing daily general sanitation.
* Monitors x-ray process, making necessary adjustments.
* Reports shipping problems or concerns to Supervisor or Lead person immediately.
* Monitors process for partial cases to be worked into the process.
* Other duties as assigned.
EXPECTATIONS - all Team Members
* Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
* Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
* Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma
* Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
* Ability to follow both written and verbal direction.
* Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and Leadership.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively.
* Ability to obtain Pilgrim's valid forklift license.
* Ability to work in a cold environment.
* Ability to push/pull up to 100 pounds.
* Ability to learn new procedures, i.e. bar code scanner, hand held scanner equipment, etc.
* Basic Computer skills required.
- Barcode Readers
- Business Process Improvement
- Hardworking And Dedicated