To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1738 Lambert Court
Chesapeake, VA 23320
- Jessica Melton
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
PROSOURCE WHOLESALE • Chesapeake, VA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are seeking a skilled Administrative Assistant to join our growing team of professionals at ProSource Wholesale. The Administrative Assistant will primarily be focused on providing day-to-day administrative support for the showroom while maintaining smooth operational paper flow. This person's role is essentially to handle the day to day operations of the showroom, allowing sales staff to concentrate on selling to our members. If you are a dynamic and hard-working individual who is looking to grow your career with an excellent company that rewards hard work and success, this is the ideal opportunity for you!
As an Administrative Assistant, you are responsible for handling various tasks related to the administrative support of the showroom, allowing the Management and Sales team to concentrate on sales, members and prospects. This will include answering telephone calls, handling customer service related requests, notifying members when their orders arrive, placing orders, etc.
Other responsibilities for the Administrative Assistant will include:
- Placing merchandise orders with vendors
- Following shipments and notifying Account Managers, Members, and clients when received
- Maintaining a level of basic knowledge about flooring products and updating product knowledge on an as-needed basis through online resources, and other training opportunities
- Placing calls to members to notify them that merchandise is available for pickup
- Communicating any concerns from members to Account Managers
- Reviewing and updating financial records per the showroom policy
- Utilizing proprietary software systems to manage financial processes
- Balancing cash and purchase postings daily
- Maintaining daily employee schedules
- Maintaining showroom's sample system
- Updating prices in the system and on the showroom floor as directed by the Sales Manager
This position starts at $13 per hour.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant who possesses a strong administrative background and a working knowledge of our accounting system. In addition, the Administrative Assistant must have good follow-up skills and a strong attention to detail in order to be considered.
Other requirements for the Administrative Assistant include:
- High School diploma or equivalent 3+ years of experience relating to office management, bookkeeping or similar backgrounds
- Ability to courteously answer telephone calls and write business correspondence
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate numerical data as well as calculate figures and amounts (i.e. discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages)
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Internet communications software