The Senior A/R Associate will report to the A/R Manager and will be responsible for researching and reconciling customer's accounts, related to pharmaceutical chargebacks, shortages, pricing, trade related and miscellaneous deductions. They will obtain necessary backup documentation from customers, analyze accounts in Excel using Pivot Tables & Vlookups. Contact customers via email or phone, to resolve and obtain payment of open deductions and past due invoices. Offset credits and debits to resolve open deductions. Prepare credit memo requests or write-offs, as necessary and maintain database. Send invoices, credit memos and statements to customers.
In this role, the accountant will have to support different teams across the organization. The Senior A/R Associate will work with other teams to resolve problems and discrepancies, respond to vendor inquiries, research invoice copies, and manage other financial processes as needed.
* Analyze and determine root cause of unmatched customer deductions, process credit memos and resolve unapplied cash in accordance with policies and procedures. Maintain accurate record of accounts receivable. Identifies and communicates problem accounts or issues to management and teammates to foster timely correction and teamwork
* Support valuation of customer returns by creation and/ or review of pricing files to be sent to 3rd parties
* Work with Revenue Accounting and Sales team to document and review customer contracts
* Assist with quarterly and annual audit requests
* Review claims pertaining to customer returns to ensure credits taken are within in company policy
* Monitor group email in ticket system
* Perform monthly reconciliations of accounts receivable and unapplied payment accounts.
* Work with internal and external auditors to satisfy applicable audit requirements
* Assist in preparations of month end closings of the financials
* Issue daily reports of financial matters, discrepancies, or irregularities to Controller as assigned
* Communicate with Sales and Marketing department on order holds and releases
* Manage customer relationships
* Record payments as received and reconcile customer accounts
* Send monthly statements to customers
* Perform collections communications by phone, and email contact
* Prioritize tasks, set daily goals, and assign work to employees to ensure activities are completed in a timely manner.
* Can effectively communicate tasks and responsibilities for specific area.
* Train and offer guidance to associate level team members as needed.
* Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
* Bachelor's Degree
* 4 plus years of accounts receivable/accounting experience (Team Lead or Supervisory Experience is a huge plus) A solid understanding of bookkeeping and accounting functions is necessary
* SAP experience preferred
* Working knowledge of chargeback system (ie Revitas, Model N, iContracts)
* Proficient in MS Word and Excel
* Requires good verbal, listening and written communication skills
* Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks simultaneously
* Must be detail-oriented
* Strong customer service attitude and professional demeanor when dealing with internal and external clients
* ERP system experience and the ability to utilize Excel v-lookup/pivot tables to help summarize and analyze data.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with different stakeholders, including management and staff.
* High attention to detail and accuracy.
* Outstanding time management skills.
* Employees are regularly required to sit; talk or hear, in person and by telephone; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms.
* Employees are occasionally required to walk and stand and lift and move records and documents weighing 20 pounds or less.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
- Accounts Receivable
- Attention To Detail
- Claim Processing