Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex. With over 120 years of service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation and a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric, where the actual is limited and the possible is immense.
PURPOSE: The primary function of a Machining Technologist is to support and troubleshoot machining processes, develop machining processes for new products, and drive improvements for quality, safety, and cost reductions. The roll also involves tooling and programming equipment, providing input for procuring equipment, and demonstrating a capable machining process. The successful candidate will provide collaborative communication between cross functional departments while applying knowledge and experience to innovate and improve machining processes.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Creates and troubleshoots machining processes to manufacture product and demonstrates capability.
- Specifies and procures tooling to be used in machining components. Provides input for equipment procurement.
- Conceptualizes and designs fixturing and tooling using Solid Edge.
- Creates procedures and documentation for the manufacturing process.
- Communicates and works with pieceworkers, vendors, customers, and internal cross functional departments.
- Ability to define task and project timelines and communicate status accurately.
- Typical assignments may include but are not limited to:
- Resolving safety, environmental and ergonomic issues.
- Programming machining equipment and operating the equipment for test cuts/program prove out.
- Drive process, quality and optimization improvements.
- Evaluation and implementation of employee suggestions and near misses.
- Development and implementation of new processes.
- Perform cost analyses and drive cost reductions.
- Provide shop support and develop processes for new products.
- Perform capacity studies and provide solutions for equipment that is over capacity.
- Create and modify BOMs, routings, work instructions, set up sheets, procedures, and other documentation.
- Other assignments as assigned by the supervisor.
- Associate technology degree or equivalent experience. Technical training and aptitude is required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with a multitude of machining processes.
- Proficient in implementing machining processes and tooling used in production machining.
- Proficient at generating G-code CNC programs using CAM software (proficiency in Esprit CAM is a plus) and operating machinery for program prove out and test cuts.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Proficient at the machining trade, measuring machined parts, and able to perform hands-on work as required.
- Excellent organizational skills as well as written and oral communication skills.
- Possess and apply strong problem solving skills with an analytical approach and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments and changing priorities.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in higher level functions of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently independently, cross functionally, or part of a team.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of machining and able to apply it to practices and procedures.
- Solid modeling (CAD) experience. Excellent print reading skills and good understanding of GD&T.
- Ability to be effective working with shop floor employees and to adjust work schedules at times if needed.
- Able to gather and analyze data to make good fact based decisions.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers.
As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world’s challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
Function: Manufacturing Support
Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10)
Computer Aided Design