$23.75 to $27.50 hourly
Accountemps is searching for a talented Accounting Clerk for a well respected organization. The Accounting Clerk will primarily be responsible for matching invoices to purchase orders and/or vouchers, data entry, and assisting in the process of Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R). This efficient work environment offers you a great work space/office, excellent benefits, and great career advancement opportunity. This is a long-term temporary position located in the San Jose, California area.
- Code documents that require knowledge in determining proper classification of expenditure codes and accounting codes
- Compose statements and reports that require utilization of a wide collection of sources
- Overall accounting: help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, other ad hoc projects
- Reconcile discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts; prepare correction documents as required
- Circulate financial information to journals and ledgers
- Support Accounts Receivable: apply cash receipt, help with collection of past due balance, and process daily invoices/credit
- Assist Accounts Payable: vendor invoices and disbursement filing, A/P invoice matching & filing
- AA or BS/BA in Accounting or related field preferred
- Ability to multitask efficiently and prioritize work
- Candidates with Spreadsheet and ERP system experience will be prioritized
- Solid understanding of Accounts Payable (AP)
- Microsoft Excel experience preferred
- Excellent data entry skills
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Accounting Clerk
for more information.