To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Bilingual Technical Sales Associate
Altec Industries , Inc. • Birmingham, AL
Posted 2 months ago
Why Join Altec?
TECHNICAL SALES POSITION
Altec Worldwide is currently looking for a Technical Sales Associate in St. Joseph, MO or Birmingham, AL. Altec Worldwide specializes in providing products and services on a global basis. Altec has more than 85 distributors globally with final assembly capabilities in more than 35 locations worldwide. This position is responsible for supporting the sales & operational process through quoting, ordering, invoicing, collections and exporting. The position works directly with overseas Sales Managers, Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Overseas Distributors.
The Successful Candidate
- Has a strong commitment to providing customer service within a team environment.
- Possesses excellent communication, time management and administrative skills.
- Fluent in English and other preferred language.
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently.
- Interested in working with people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Four year Bachelor's Degree required. Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or technical degree preferred.
- Fluent in English and Spanish required.
- Available for overnight travel more than 15% of the time.
- Able to analyze problems and develop solutions.
- Good communication skills are a must.
- Associate must have sound working knowledge in math and proficient with computers, especially with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Altec products, pricing, quotes, customers, administrative and production processes.
- Serve customers by providing quotes/pricing, entering, tracking, and revising orders, contracting for shipping, providing delivery information, establishing credit terms, handling warranty issues and hosting at factory tours and inspections.
- Work with Engineering and production to communicate customer needs and resolve build issues. Also develop post-award documents and drawings, and coordinate post-build meetings.
- Coordinate equipment exports; inland/ocean freight, packing of equipment for container loading, U.S. Customs compliance documentation and letters of credit banking documentation.
*The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.