ResCare Community LivingOverview
Join a team of passionate and caring clinicians who make a difference in people's lives. Our nursing group focuses on compassion and meeting the needs of our clients in a variety of settings. If your passion is outstanding patient care coupled with a desire to help others live their best life, then come work for us. Apply today!Responsibilities
- In addition to assessing the health of the people we serve and implementing their care plans, the Registered Nurse will ensure health maintenance and disease prevention and/or provide case management. Supervision of care plans and staff members may also be involved in daily work assignments.
- Duties of this healthcare role will include, but are not limited to:
Observing, assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing support for well, chronic or acutely ill individuals in a community or small facility setting
- Working closely with other health professionals/providers in planning, implementing, and evaluating programs and services to address the health needs of persons served
- Coordinate communications and actions of various disciplines as it relates to health and safety supports
- Ensuring the ordering, reviewing, monitoring, discontinuation and, if necessary, the disposal of medications as prescribed by the physician
- Ensure that there are policies in place that address medication administration, medication errors, medication storage / access and medication destruction, and that these policies are reviewed at least annually and revised as necessary
- Ensuring that progress reports are made to the physician when the client's condition changes
- Transcribing or ensuring transcription of physician phone orders and other medically related reports
- Complete daily, monthly, quarterly and annual nursing documents as/ if required
- Ensuring the routine documentation of individual's health status in nurse's notes
- Ensuring that furnishings, equipment, and supplies are maintained within guidelines established to prevent the spread of disease
- Directing and supervising the activities of the licensed practical / vocational nurse as needed.
- Ensure that appointments for health related issues are scheduled, completed and that appropriate response to findings are implemented in a timely manner
- Maintain communication with inpatient nursing and discharge coordinators when individuals served are hospitalized
- Provide new employee training and annual recertification training for health and safety related topics
- Ensure unlicensed staff are trained on person-specific issues as they relate to each individual's health maintenance, safety, and disease prevention needs
Qualified candidates for the role of Registered Nurse must be capable healthcare professionals with a passion for improving the health and well-being of the people we serve. We are seeking compassionate, results-driven individuals with a commitment to nursing excellence.
• Registered Nursing Degree from an accredited college of nursing with current unrestricted registration and license
• Valid driver's license, acceptable driving record and proof of car insurance
• CPR and First Aid professional certification
• Experience or training in clerical, reception, and medical field equivalent
• Experience in administering medications
• 1+ years of nursing experience; supervisory experience, preferred
• Home health care experience, preferred
• Able to lift and carry items weighing up to 20 poundsAbout our Line of Business
ResCare Community Living has four decades of experience in the disability services field, providing support to individuals who need assistance with daily living due to an intellectual, developmental or cognitive disability. Our community living services are provided in 27 states with several thousand programs and a comprehensive range of high-quality services, including: Community Living, Adult Host Homes for adults regardless of disability, Behavioral/Mental Health Support, In-home Pharmacy Solutions, Telecare and Remote Support, Supported Employment and Training Programs, and Day programs. For more information, please visit www.rescarecommunityliving.com. Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Case Management
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Disease Prevention