JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Responsible for the accurate and timely distribution of grocery/food staples, grocery/food specialty products and convenience store/restaurant supplies to various customer locations.
PAY RATE: Between $20.00- $21.00
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Drive Class B straight truck and unload product at multiple customer locations.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State Laws as they relate to DOT and any other applicable traffic regulations.
- Be responsible for customer satisfaction including on-time delivery of undamaged product.
- Inspect unit for defects pre/post trip and submit DOT inspection report indicating condition.
- Inspect unit to ensure product is secure for undamaged transport of product.
- Inspect bill of lading and store keys for accuracy in off-hour delivery.
- Drive straight truck to destination, apply knowledge of commercial driving regulations and maneuver vehicle on the road and on customer premises.
- Maintain driver log (Manual or PeopleNet) according to DOT regulations.
- Unload straight truck, deliver product into customer premises.
- Use approved procedures and equipment (Driver Delivery Handheld), document delivery receipt, product temperatures and exceptions.
- Maintain telephone contact with supervisor or dispatcher to receive delivery or pickup instructions (when the vehicle is not operating).
- Perform any other duties as necessary.
- Ability and willingness to select/load/unload and/or deliver ALL products that may be ordered by our customers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
- Have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess a CDL Class B License; minimum driving experience of 1 years or 50,000 miles straight truck experience (If less, additional training time will be required at the discretion of the RVP) or successful completion of the McLane Driver Training Program.
- Not have more than two moving violations in past 3 years.
- Not have been convicted of a DWI/DUI within the past 5 years in any vehicle, public or private.
- Be able to stand, walk, sit, climb, reach, bend, squat, and stoop to accomplish the essential job functions.
- Be able to read, understand, and interpret an extensive variety of related written instructions.
- Have strong communication skills with ability to communicate with management team, drivers, teammates, and customers.
- Be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
- Be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Comply with Company Work Rules and Safety Rules.
- Insure attendance and punctuality within company standards.
- Working conditions could contain moderate noise, vibration of vehicle and extreme weather conditions depending on climate.
- Must be able to drive Class B straight truck safely in adverse weather conditions, including darkness, rain, wind, snow, or ice.
- Must be able to lift at least 60 pounds and handle a hand truck weighing up to 400 pounds when fully loaded.
- Must be able to use dolly or hand truck in heavy lifting and shifting loads on wet, dry, icy, bumpy, or uneven terrain with frequent curbs and obstructions.
- Must be able to load and unload product routinely at multiple customer sites daily.
McLane offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD and 401(k).
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Drive Commercial Vehicle