Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
”As I talk with or visit with a Family Member who is in mourning for a beloved member who has died, I am honored and privileged to join with them in acknowledging the life and love of this beloved family member – walking with them as they share through their pain.”
- Colleen, Bereavement Coordinator
At Compassus, we are dedicated to compassionate care, clinical excellence and providing comfort and support to patients and their families facing the end of life. We help support families, even after the patient dies. For many of our team members, this is more than a career — it’s a calling.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our team today as a Hospice Bereavement Coordinator to positively impact the experiences of our patients and families.
The Bereavement Coordinator is a hospice-trained Inter-Disciplinary Team (IDT) member who supports bereaved family members with grief counseling. As the Bereavement Coordinator, you will strategize with the IDT to develop, implement, and document a plan of care for patients and families to identify individualized needs and desires.
- Arrange grief counseling visits to meet the needs of the pre-bereavement and post-death Bereavement Plan of Care
- Assist in orientation of volunteers and staff to ensure they receive appropriate training, consistent with acceptable standards of hospice practice
- Oversee bereavement follow-up by staff and volunteers
- Organize and conduct a minimum of two grief recovery support group sessions per year
- Train staff, volunteers and the public through in-services and public speaking
- Organize annual memorial services for Compassus patients who were under our care as well as any Long Term Care Facility hospice patients
- Clinical experience or formal training related to death, dying, and bereavement
- Possess high integrity, including the maintenance of confidential information
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings and weekends
- Ability to effectively provide grief counseling to the family and friends of our patients
- Communication, public speaking, and other effective interpersonal skills required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Valid driver's license and auto liability insurance
Education and Experience
Minimum High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree or higher in counseling, social work, psychology, theology, divinity, or equivalent field strongly preferred. Minimum of 2 years of experience in the provision of grief, loss and/or bereavement support for individuals and families required. Equivalent combination of specialized training, education and experience will be considered.
California: Evidence of experience and/or education in dealing with issues of grief and loss
Connecticut: Evidence of experience or education in counseling individuals dealing with issues of grief and loss
Georgia: Licensed professional counselor (LPC) or Licensed social worker (LMSW, LCSW), or education/ experience specific to the counseling of individuals dealing with grief and loss
Mississippi: Minimum requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, or
- Bachelor’s degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, or
- Bachelor’s degree in counseling; or
- Evidence of equivalent of any of the above in education, plus training in the spiritual care of the dying and end of life issues
New Hampshire: Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field such as theology of education, psychology, or counseling, AND
- Completed 8 additional hours in death, dying, grief, or bereavement.
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Join our Talent Network at the link below to stay up to date on our current openings.
URL blocked - click to apply