To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Palm Desert, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Maxim Healthcare Services • Palm Desert, CA
Posted 14 days ago
Other Great Industries
Health Care, Nurse
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Wellness Clinic Nurse is a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse who performs various health screenings (i.e., glucose, cholesterol, body fat, osteoporosis, blood pressure, etc.).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets professional nursing standards and all pertinent local, state, and federal requirements
- Maintains and delivers quality service
- Sets up individual clinic sites
- Registers participants
- Completes appropriate participant consent forms and clinic records
- Performs health screening tests
- Disposes of bio-hazardous waste in the appropriate and prescribed manner
- Dismantles clinic site
- Completes documentation of screening clinic administrative results
- Uses and remains knowledgeable of Universal Precautions
- Uses and maintains knowledge of company and clinic policies and procedures
- Remains knowledgeable of protocols for reporting of incidents and injuries etc.
- Transports biologicals, sharps, and other required supplies to clinic sites in a safe and secure manner
- Maintains confidentiality at all times
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- Active professional nursing license in the state of practice
- One (1) year of prior professional nursing experience preferred
- Current CPR certification with documentation
- Current health certificate/physical record (if applicable)
- Professional references required
- Completion of Maxim’s Wellness Training Modules with a score of 80% or better and Competency
- Successful completion of training on wellness machines used for screenings (i.e. glucometer, Cholestech, CardioChek etc.).
- Demonstration of competency in accurate and effective fingerstick techniques and procedures
- Understanding of disease processes pertinent to the clinical screenings as well as treatment and interventions for the disease processes
- Computer proficiency required
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language
- Successful completion of Maxim’s background screening and hiring process
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID: 371897
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.