WSFS Bank is currently seeking a Credit Manager to support our Private Banking Division. This position will ensure there is effective and efficient underwriting of all Private Banking loans and utilizes said underwriting as a basis to make credit decisions, as designated by policy that are within the spirit of the Bank’s loan policy and in alignment with the Bank’s credit risk tolerance and will recommend structure and risk rating. Pertaining to Private Banking loan portfolio; the incumbent will manage credit quality within the Bank’s expected credit metrics (losses, delinquency, criticized loan levels) and assures “Excellent” or “Good” loan review scores regarding Risk Assessment and Loan Administration. The incumbent will complete assignments quickly to meet expectations of both internal and external customers. The incumbent will be required to meet with clients and their financial representatives to evaluate the risks and rewards of using credit to enhance personal and family wealth plans, business plans, financial results and forecasts.
The Credit Manager will manage a team of Portfolio Managers and Portfolio Administrators. This role will approve loans within authority granted in loan policy, recommends risk rating grades and recommends improvements to underwriting process, underwriting tools/templates, credit policy and assure accurate data input and output for accuracy. The incumbent will assist in underwriting of loans to professional organizations such as; medical/dental groups; bridge loans to high net-worth individuals; loans secured by marketable securities and analysis of industry, market, management, collateral, financial position, cash flow, performance, guarantor, and other risks. The incumbent will manage, coach and develop credit analysts including conducting performance reviews and career development plans and will assure all reporting and financial loan covenants within Private Banking are monitored and past due violations are reported to management.
This position will be located in Greenville, Delaware.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or other business related field is required.
- The incumbent must have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in lending or underwriting of loans to the following; Professional Practices, i.e. medical/dental and law firms; loans to individuals with complicated financial structures, i.e. ownership in multiple businesses.
- Must have experience underwriting marketable securities based loans and underwriting consumer loans.
- Must have the ability to thoroughly interpret financial data and use sound business judgment.
- Must possess mentoring skills, advance financial analysis skills and have thorough knowledge of commercial loan structuring and understand creative loan structures and innovative products.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and must have innovative presentative skills to reflect important and complex information in a concise and understandable style.
- Previous supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Incumbent will be required to stand for extended periods of time.
- Incumbent may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- May be required to wear face coverings during business hours.
- Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
- The incumbent will be required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The incumbent will also be required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
- This position requires regular lifting and moving of 10-25 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Cognitive Requirements: The cognitive demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- This position requires adaptability, assessing, analyzing, calculating, dependability, memorizing, good judgment, stress control, prioritization, social skills and speaking.
- This position requires comprehension, organization, reasoning and decision-making, communication and mathematical ability.
- Incumbent must possess the capability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, prioritization of own work schedule, apply common sense in performing job duties and making decisions which have impact on immediate work unit.
- Incumbent must be able to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine paperwork, use existing form letter and/or conduct routine oral communication, communicate with individuals using a telephone, hear and speak effectively on the telephone, express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word, communicate orally with others accurately and quickly, at an audible level that others can hear.
- Incumbent must also have the ability to count accurately and the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance and check results for accuracy.
WSFS Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/ Drug-Free Workplace